Is flashing the DS permanant?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by darkchronicles, May 29, 2010.

May 29, 2010
  1. darkchronicles
    OP

Newcomer darkchronicles Newbie

Canada
    I'm thinking of flashing my DS because I can't say I'm very fond of seeing the health warning everytime I wanna play pokemon.

But I was just wondering because I try, is the FlashMe method where I short out a component in the DS a permanent change to my NDSL?

I know the soft-mod is not permanent.

Thanks for the reply, I hope this wasn't too newbish of a question =_=

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    It's not permanent (at least, permanent until you decide to remove it).
    You can flash it back, by shortening the same hardware switch gain, and using another flashme file :

Normal version : Boot-up logo and safety warning are removed. Boot SLOT-2 if present
    "Stealth" version : Warning screen is left intact. Boot SLOT-2 if present
    NoFlashMe : Uninstaller

No autoboot : "PASS" check is removed. SLOT-2 is only booted when SELECT held.
    No autoboot stealth : "PASS" check is removed. Warning screen is left intact. SLOT-2 is only booted when SELECT held.

Note : Use noAutoBoot if you don't want the DS to boot slot2 automatically (if you have a Slot2 card inserted).
    And it's better to flash No Autoboot Stealth, instead of NoFlashMe if you want to uninstall, as it act as if it was an original but include the recovery menu if needed.

Note 2 :
    Be careful when shortening the SL-1 on a DSLite, you can brick it easily. Know what you are doing.

Edit : just see you posted in GBA, but you asked for DS.
    Maybe a mod can move it ? thanks ^^

3. darkchronicles
    OP

Newcomer darkchronicles Newbie

Canada
    Ah sorry about that, d'oh.

Thanks for the fast reply.