Hacking Is Enso a permanent modification even after its uninstalled?

omnipresent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Just got a new Japanese Ps vita 2000 shipped on firmware 3.65

As a newbie on the vita scene, I have a couple of questions:

- Is Enso a permanent modification (as described before installation)? Does it leave traces even after its uninstalled?
- If yes, will I loose guarantee by installing Enso?
- Are there possibly some exploits apart from Enso, coming in the future, only working bellow 3.67?
- If no, Should I update to 3.68 if warmbooting h-encore does not bother me?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
1) It's permanent in the sense that the exploit persists after boot. If you uninstall it, there shouldn't be any evidence of it being installed previously.
2) As with any warranty, yes, if you modify the system in any way it will be voided. But, as mentioned, you should be able to just uninstall Enso and Sony wouldn't necessarily be able to tell the difference.
3) At this time, probably not. 3.60, and 3.65-3.68 all have exploits available for them currently. There's no reason to go backwards, so it's unlikely someone is looking for exploits in older firmwares.
4) If you don't care about cold boot, then it's fine to update to 3.68. Just keep in mind Sony released a new firmware, 3.69, which breaks h-encore, so you need to manually update to 3.68 if you want to (instructions can be found in various places).

Reactions: omnipresent

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-