Is Enso a permanent modification even after its uninstalled?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by omnipresent, Sep 11, 2018.

1. omnipresent
    OP

omnipresent Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    Switzerland
    mom's basement
    Just got a new Japanese Ps vita 2000 shipped on firmware 3.65

As a newbie on the vita scene, I have a couple of questions:

- Is Enso a permanent modification (as described before installation)? Does it leave traces even after its uninstalled?
    - If yes, will I loose guarantee by installing Enso?
    - Are there possibly some exploits apart from Enso, coming in the future, only working bellow 3.67?
    - If no, Should I update to 3.68 if warmbooting h-encore does not bother me?

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    1) It's permanent in the sense that the exploit persists after boot. If you uninstall it, there shouldn't be any evidence of it being installed previously.
    2) As with any warranty, yes, if you modify the system in any way it will be voided. But, as mentioned, you should be able to just uninstall Enso and Sony wouldn't necessarily be able to tell the difference.
    3) At this time, probably not. 3.60, and 3.65-3.68 all have exploits available for them currently. There's no reason to go backwards, so it's unlikely someone is looking for exploits in older firmwares.
    4) If you don't care about cold boot, then it's fine to update to 3.68. Just keep in mind Sony released a new firmware, 3.69, which breaks h-encore, so you need to manually update to 3.68 if you want to (instructions can be found in various places).

omnipresent likes this.
  3. omnipresent
    OP

omnipresent Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    Switzerland
    mom's basement
    I did not know about 3.69… I will update to 3.68. Thanks for the answer.

4. Bergot

Bergot Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    United States
    Dont do It...stay at 3.65..less headache with sd2vita.

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando o Tapatalk

omnipresent and Count Duckula like this.
  5. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    You don't gain anything for updating to 3.68. All of its benefits have been backported to 3.65 with RePatch/compatibility packs and iTLS.

omnipresent and Count Duckula like this.
  6. omnipresent
    OP

omnipresent Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    Switzerland
    mom's basement
    Ok I am glad that I did not do it. I will stay on 3.65. I wasn’t award that 3.65 could run the latest games. Still have a lot to learn. Thanks for the info’s.