Hacking is emunand update safe?

rondoh70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running 10.3 rxtools. went on eshop and was prompted for an update. I would test it, but i haven't found a clear guide on how to back up and restore the emunand. So has anyone tried this new update?

s3r1alpari4h

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10.3 sysNAND or emuNAND?

Why would it be asking you for an update if you're on the latest 10.3? Afaik on o3ds, you can update emuNAND safely though the settings. Make sure you aren't in sysNAND or you'll have some problems.

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it's fine, update from System Settings just to be sure. For some reason I too am on RX-10.3 and also got an update notice. I "updated" and it went away.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Apparently this update notice comes from using the bluecardfix from Gateway, but I don't think anyone's totally confirmed it or not yet.

Reactions: kiwiis

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently this update notice comes from using the bluecardfix from Gateway, but I don't think anyone's totally confirmed it or not yet.

Yeah, this sounds right. I was thinking the same thing since it only happened after using bluecardfix.cia..

Can anyone confirm if it happens with flashcardtimewarp?

Last edited by kiwiis,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It might make more sense to use the flashcardtimewarp instead then, since it maxes out the version number (and thus cannot be updated by Nintendo).

Edit: You can easily make your own "time warp" by using 3DNUS to download title ID 0004800F484E4841, version 0 (source: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list#0004800F_-_System_Data_Archives), and put a checkbox in the "Change version number(s) to" field, then type in 65535 for the version number. Install the CIA it spits out into emuNAND and then you'll have the downgraded whitelist that bluecardfix has, but with no chance of an update nag from Nintendo. As for why Nintendo still keeps that old list, who knows. Nice of them to do so, though. :P

Last edited by daxtsu,

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
It might make more sense to use the flashcardtimewarp instead then, since it maxes out the version number (and thus cannot be updated by Nintendo).

Edit: You can easily make your own "time warp" by using 3DNUS to download title ID 0004800F484E4841, version 0 (source: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list#0004800F_-_System_Data_Archives), and put a checkbox in the "Change version number(s) to" field, then type in 65535 for the version number. Install the CIA it spits out into emuNAND and then you'll have the downgraded whitelist that bluecardfix has, but with no chance of an update nag from Nintendo. As for why Nintendo still keeps that old list, who knows. Nice of them to do so, though. :P

Good idea. I forgot about 3DNUS since most people tend to package those cia's elsewhere:grog:

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Good idea. I forgot about 3DNUS since most people tend to package those cia's elsewhere:grog:

It's probably available on those other sites too, I suppose. I just happened to have 3DNUS handy and thought to see if Nintendo still had the old list on their server.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, this sounds right. I was thinking the same thing since it only happened after using bluecardfix.cia..

Can anyone confirm if it happens with flashcardtimewarp?

That is exactly what is happening, and I can personally confirm that using flashcardtimewarp does not prompt for an update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

... this should not work since updates before 10.0 were supposedly removed from the CDn, but apparently I can still download that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-