Is DSTTi good?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by geokilla, May 18, 2009.

May 18, 2009

Is DSTTi good? by geokilla at 12:12 AM (1,787 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. geokilla
    OP

Member geokilla GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hi I'd like to know which is better, DSTTi or Acekard 2i. I know that the Acekard 2i seems to be more popular and GBAtemp's review on the Acekard seems to indicate that it's an excellent flash kart, but my friend would like to purchase a DSTTi from DX instead. Are there any cons or negatives to this purchase? I've hard of the fake DSTTs out there, but the DSTTi that DX is selling seems to be real, at least the reviews on DX says they're real.

Also, is there a review on the DSTTi somewhere?

2. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    dstti is crap, go with the ak2i. much better support and compatiblity.

if you get a dstti, expect few updates, low rom compatibilty, and high chances of being blocked and not updated when nintendo releases some new form of protection. good luck!

3. geokilla
    OP

Member geokilla GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So AK2i is basically better than DSTTi by a whole lot. I'll try to talk him into getting the AK2i instead, just to make it more "future-proof" and to have better gaming.

What bout the Acekard vs DSTT? I take it Acekard 2 is better than DSTT as well, especially since it hasn't been updated in such a long time.

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    geokilla,
    you had just answered your question [​IMG]
    DSTT /i is decent but it is not as good as acekard as long you are using AKAIO as your firmware

5. RegPerry

Newcomer RegPerry Member

United Kingdom
    The dstti is not a bad card but with the dstt cards there is many faulty ones, if they checked them before sending them out then it would be a better card. acekard 2i is a good card