Is DealExtreme having supply/shipping issues?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by granville, Sep 11, 2008.

Sep 11, 2008
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I just ordered my Supercard DS-ONE on September 8th and I know not to expect it for a couple of weeks from DX, but it seems that people are pretty upset over at DX forums:

http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.d...threadid.175309

There are a lot of reports of people who have ordered their products (primarily the Supercard) several months ago and haven't received their cards yet. They ordered them in July or August and their orders are still pending. DX seems to be on the "please be patient" side in regards to this.

I'm a little worried and wonder whether I should have bought the Supercard. Has anyone had this issue. Or have any of you ordered a Supercard recently with no problems. I ordered there before with no issues, but I'm getting worried that they might flee with the money or just take forever to fix this.

I'm not trying to scare people, I just want some opinions and maybe some advice. I don't think DealExtreme would be very gracious with refunds either.

In regards to my order, the tracking says "waiting for supplier". The page says this can take up to 3 days. I ordered on the 8th, but when should I expect that to change?

I appreciate your comments. And please don't attack me or anything for asking this.

2. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I have never ordered a supercard from them. But I did buy my EDGE from them. My package really didn't have any problems getting to me...I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I didn't have to contact DX once of my order. It went through perfectly fine. But you shouldn't worry. Everything will go smooth. [​IMG]

3. granville
    OP

United States
    I guess. I'm just antsy to get my DS back in running order. I'd like to have it when Kirby Super Star Ultra comes out.

4. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    I'm not sure about their stock availability, contact online support. But I do know that just a few days ago a Supercard I ordered for someone arrived, after almost two months since I placed the order. The SC went out of stock and went back in stock twice before they actually shipped mine. When new stocks arrive, open a support ticket and press hard on them to ship yours.

5. granville
    OP

United States
    I know it says 1-3 days, but how long does it normally take to move past the "waiting for supplier" part of tracking?

If anything should happen to my order, is there any place that sells the Supercard DS-ONE as cheap as DX?

6. DSAndi

Member DSAndi GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Quote from tiffany staff member on 1st sep.:
    "Apologize for the delay of your orders.

As you know, sku 5097 was experiencing shortage for nearly one month, and it just became available again recently. Usually, we will give priority to the old order and as soon as we have the products in hands, we will ship out the earlier order first.

But since there are thousands of orders for sku 5097 , our workers must have mixed up the sequence and ship out the other orders first. We're really sorry for this error.

The stock status of sku 5097 is back to normal now, all the orders for this cards will be fulfilled and shipped out soon. "

Dont worry DX is good. Never had a prob with em.

7. granville
    OP

United States
    I trust them I think. I've ordered a 3-in-1 from them and was pleased. I just don't want to wait a month to get it. I will try my best to be patient though if it comes to waiting.

8. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If you want it fast, you can always order from somewhere like leetmod.com (I got my order from them in 2 days to the U.S.). It will cost you a little more, of course.

-Bri

9. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Iv ordered over the past 6 months 3 supercards SCS1 and the last one i ordered was about a month or so ago and as usual 10/15 days its arrived with no problems, im in the uk if that counts.

Just in case your wondering why 3 supercards well for me,my daughter and sister in law :-)

paul

10. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    i don't think a hong kong based compay can have shipping issue, hong kong post are very good.
    for supply is matter only of time.

11. granville
    OP

United States
    Edit: everything seems to be going alright! My order no longer says "waiting for supplier". It's changed to "Order Received - in stock". So I guess everything will work out fine! [​IMG]

12. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    We ordered $190 worth of stuff from them two weeks ago...nothing that would be considered illegal, and it hasn't even been shipped yet.

We've ordered from them many times and they usually ship out within 5 days of ordering. Sure, it takes weeks to get here, but at least they usually ship the stuff in a reasonably timely manner.

We ordered mostly security cameras. The only DS-related item was a 2000mah battery.....hoping I actually get the 2000mah instead of the 1500mah they sent me last time.

All we can say (we being my brother and I) won't be ordering anything else from them until we get he stuff we already ordered. We plan to send a "what's up" email to them tomorrow.

13. granville
    OP

United States
    They seem pretty annoying and I'm not sure I'd ever order from them again. Rayder, what does the status of your order say when you track it? Mine finally changed from "waiting for supplier" to "order received- in stock". Apparently, it takes about a day to package it up and send out. Then you wait for it to get to your house. This is what they say about length of orders:

Step 1 (1-3 days): Products are collected from our suppliers.

Step 2 (