Hacking Is DealExtreme.com selling bootlegs?

D

Deleted User

So what does this mean? They already took my money for my order of an R4 and a lighter. They better ship the items at least ... or refund my money. Not just take my money and run.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not a bootleg. The counterfeit R4s that have been reported don't even have microSD slots. The crappy SD slot is an issue that more than a few people have had with the R4/M3 Simply.

The black blob thing instead of a chip means that you got the revised version that cannot be easily modded into an M3 Simply, or changed from Chinese to English or vice versa.
I know I'm 4 days late in replying to this but I bought an R4 from a shop in Hong Kong. All the menu was in chinese and when I tried putting the english firmware in, it wouldn't work. So I opened it up to see what the board was like. It also had the massive black blob thing BUT it also had the points where I can solder it to mod it to english. My guess is that I either got lucky and bought an old batch or they're bringing the modded PCB back

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm 4 days late in replying to this but I bought an R4 from a shop in Hong Kong. All the menu was in chinese and when I tried putting the english firmware in, it wouldn't work. So I opened it up to see what the board was like. It also had the massive black blob thing BUT it also had the points where I can solder it to mod it to english. My guess is that I either got lucky and bought an old batch or they're bringing the modded PCB back
I had forgotten that there were two board revisions, not just one. The first revision only removed the R4M3 Simply mod, the second revision removed the language mod as well.

D

Deleted User

I seriously hope you're right. Cuz, if they don't come back .. they just stole $50 from me.
tongue.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have they gone under?

Should be back.

I seriously hope you're right. Cuz, if they don't come back .. they just stole $50 from me.
tongue.gif
"Thank you for visiting DealExtreme
We are currently experience an unexpected hardware failure on our main web server and we are working 24 hours a day to fix it. ETA is March 22, 2007.

Current orders are being packaged and shipped normally so please do not worry.

In the meantime, please feel free to send questions to our alternative e-mail address at [email protected] for the time being."
is what it says now...

D

Deleted User

Have they gone under?

Should be back.

tongue.gif
We are currently experience an unexpected hardware failure on our main web server and we are working 24 hours a day to fix it. ETA is March 22, 2007.

In the meantime, please feel free to send questions to our alternative e-mail address at [email protected] for the time being."
is what it says now...

You saw that where??? I hope you're not pulling my leg. LoL. I didn't see that message anywhere ... and I tried going on their site like every hour cuz I'm freaked about them running away with my money. But thanks for posting that message for me ... I feel a little more relieved now. I was so close to opening up a paypal dispute thing.

EDIT: No wonder why they weren't answering my email. I was thinking that they should at least answer my email telling me everything's okay. I guess they can't even check their email at the regular domain.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Have they gone under?

Should be back.

tongue.gif

is what it says now...

You saw that where??? I hope you're not pulling my leg. LoL. I didn't see that message anywhere ... and I tried going on their site like every hour cuz I'm freaked about them running away with my money. But thanks for posting that message for me ... I feel a little more relieved now. I was so close to opening up a paypal dispute thing.

EDIT: No wonder why they weren't answering my email. I was thinking that they should at least answer my email telling me everything's okay. I guess they can't even check their email at the regular domain.

Thank you for visiting DealExtreme
Apologies that we are currently experiencing an unexpected hardware failure on our main web server that is being fixed right now.

update: hardware issues are now resolved and we are making final system restores to come back online. Come back again in a couple of hours.

In the meantime, please feel free to send questions to our alternative e-mail address at [email protected] for the time being.

Kyle and Melissa
DealExtreme Team
March 21, 2007

up in a few hours!

D

Deleted User

I won't bother quoting, but ... yeah, now I see the message. Kyle 'n Melissa eh? o.O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?