Hacking Emulation Is Daedalusx64 good?

tw_fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I heard you can play N64 on Daedalusx64 emulator on the PS Vita but how good is it actually?

Does it work well on the PS Vita and which games work do most games work and if they do how well do they work on the PS Vita?

Thanks in advance

kalookapoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha that's a name I haven't heard in 5ever. I used to use it to play mario 64 on the psp. it worked. but not great. I imagine if you're running a version made for vita and not psp it'll work well. last I played around with it was over a decade ago though. I have no idea if it is more stable now.

tw_fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
haha that's a name I haven't heard in 5ever. I used to use it to play mario 64 on the psp. it worked. but not great. I imagine if you're running a version made for vita and not psp it'll work well. last I played around with it was over a decade ago though. I have no idea if it is more stable now.
Yes I've only seen search results that are two years and older so they're not up to date anymore

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything newer but I'll try to minimize the search results to this year maybe then I'll find something newer

duffman2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Some titles work ok. SM64 is quite good, but the port is better.
If I where to answer you question with a yes/no I would say no

Found this list might be helpful. The biggest problem I remember is the sound when trying out games. Guess you can get some fun out of it, but N64 is a tough nut to emulate.
I remember when Daedalus came for PSP and how cool it was when SM64 got pretty good with sound and smooth framerates

https://daedalusx64.rinnegatamante.it/

Last edited by duffman2k,

tw_fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Found this list might be helpful. The biggest problem I remember is the sound when trying out games. Guess you can get some fun out of it, but N64 is a tough nut to emulate.
I remember when Daedalus came for PSP and how cool it was when SM64 got pretty good with sound and smooth framerates

Ok thank you
Post automatically merged:

Just tried it out myself and it's actually not worth it. It just takes up space. I tried if rom hacks also work on Daedalus and apparently they don't. The emulator just froze same with Donkey Kong 64. Also when the cutscene played at the beginning there were two black bars on the screen, one at the bottom and the other one at the top. The game just froze mid cutscene and wouldn't react to anything and wouldn't continue. Also the sound was kind of buggy sometimes

Last edited by tw_fan,

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I heard you can play N64 on Daedalusx64 emulator on the PS Vita but how good is it actually?

Does it work well on the PS Vita and which games work do most games work and if they do how well do they work on the PS Vita?

Thanks in advance
It's decent, depending on the game, I don't overclock my system but several games I tried ran at a decent speed, however there are issues still, like in Mario Kart once you finish a GP game crashes so you can't save your progress, in Donald Duck if you talk to the nephews the game softlocks so you won't be able to play the chasing levels (game runs fine via flycast though).

Last edited by sonictopfan,

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tw_fan :

what ever you do, its wrong, please dont say that. and we have enough topics with the same question million times.

I have done from start to end ->

Doom 64, speedrun
Donkey Kong 64 = WORKING !!! I have it done from start to end.
Duke Nukem Zero Hour + BETA copy working !
Mario 64 with speedrun tactic

It was great working and highly usefull ! Just use the settings. Thanks to Alessio - Rinnegatamante, love it
Hexen and more games also work, and it works better than the Wii version.
come on !

Last edited by peter8,

duffman2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok thank you
Post automatically merged:

Just tried it out myself and it's actually not worth it. It just takes up space. I tried if rom hacks also work on Daedalus and apparently they don't. The emulator just froze same with Donkey Kong 64. Also when the cutscene played at the beginning there were two black bars on the screen, one at the bottom and the other one at the top. The game just froze mid cutscene and wouldn't react to anything and wouldn't continue. Also the sound was kind of buggy sometimes
In the link I sent the titles will direct you to a page that goes in to details on what issues that may occurred while emulating each game. And tips how to make it run smoother. On DK64 it is advised to disable loop optimizations.
Might be a good idea to see if the specific game you want to play have any issues.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta lube up diidy to change characters +1