Is Clannad a good ánime to learning about the meaning of lífe?

angelus kun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I love Clannad its my favorite anime because teachs me about the good things And base things of the life i bought two seasons on Blu Ray but i want to know your opinión about the anime
IMG-20170523-WA0014.jpeg

D

Deleted User

Watch 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother. Also known as Marco.

But if you're watching anime you shouldn't really expect to learn about life. :P
Books are much better for learning about life. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, A Long Way Gone, In Order to Live, The Once and Future King... I could go on.

Last edited by ,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meaning of life? I asked cortana, she says 42.

But what do you mean "Learn the meaning of life?" I learn more about life playing video games, like Breath of fire, Metal Gear solid, even though is fictional stories, it still uses a realistic story telling approach to deliver important morals. https://gbatemp.net/entry/breath-of...-i-story-and-reflections-spoilers-here.11945/

Besides, if you really insist on watching a anime, is fine, but games do tell stories as well and sure is a bit more entertaining cause you are part of it. Games dealing with how people struggle to achieve goals, how to opposing forces fight for what they believe in, how people make mistakes and regrets and think sacrifice to themself is how to make things right, revenge and other such things people in real life struggle.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No.
But it is a good place to look for mythical "anime sicknesses".
Another good one would be "ef - A tale of memories".
And perhaps also "kimi ga nozomu eien".
And why not the classic "higurashi no naku koro ni".

I mean, someone should make a medical encyclopedia on this regard, it is an amazing world.
Who would have known sicknesses as precise as "forget anything that happened before exactly 13h ago, punctual like a swiss clock" could exist.

Plot device sicknesses, sometimes Chekhov's Gun sicknesses, specially McGuffin sicknesses (lot of those, the latest I remember Jojo's Holly), oh fantasy anime sicknesses, sure a vast field to write about.

Meaning of life? I asked cortana, she says 42.
Nice Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy reference.

Reactions: DarthDub

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Clannad teach you that if you are a boy, all your bff at school would like to marry you :/ so it doesn't teach you how bff and friend zone work in real life :D

kkusagami

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yeah ,Clannad and After Story made me cried alot ,it taughts me about friendship love and family love,but it doesn't hold long until I have met Steins;Gate.
Steins:Gate is kind of too epic masterpiece I have seen in my anime life.

Recommend you Samurai Flamenco too.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clannad is probably the best anime adaptation of a VN ever created, and one of the best anime period. But I wouldn't say it's about the meaning of life; it's just a really good story.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evangelion left me with a few tears(cried a river)
My favorite anime to this day, and will remain as one for the rest of my life, can't wait for the 4th movie :-)
I cried at the end of Code Geass. O_O

You better off listening to MR.PHEENY From Boy Meets World, or that guy from over the fence in Home Improvement. :P (not sarcasm)

Does it have to be anime? Maybe a video game is up your alley? (See previous post above)

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Meaning of life? There is none, and no cartoon gonna change it; building an illusion tho might be fun for a while.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I cried at the end of Code Geass. O_O

You better off listening to MR.PHEENY From Boy Meets World, or that guy from over the fence in Home Improvement. :P (not sarcasm)

Does it have to be anime? Maybe a video game is up your alley? (See previous post above)
Omg I loved the neighbor hiding behind the fence, epic guy! Metal Gear 2 has a story line that is kinda what is happening today, love it.
@Reploid the meaning of life is up to you, you make it. There is no rule, or set guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker