Hacking Is CFW worth it?

Keeno1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just got a New 3DS XL and was wondering if I could install a CFW, and what are the risks?
I'm on version 11.6.0-39E and was wondering if I could still do it?

Last edited by Keeno1,

Craftyawesome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is very little brick risk nowadays, so the only real risk is bans. As long as you don't do anything like cheat online or play leaked games online etc you should be fine. Some people also recommend not using homebrew cias and only use 3dsx homebrew. For 11.6 you need to use seedminer or ntrboot.

Marcoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely Yes, you could get games via that one rom site. Although I don’t wanna encourage it. It’s a great way to use ROM hacks too. I have CFW of Luma on one and Corbinks on another. I’d recommend Luma though. Happy CFWing (if your going to ;) )

Keeno1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another question. Do I need two DS's? I only have one and the 3ds.hacks.guide website says I need two

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's very worth it. The process of doing CFW is pretty much fail-proof, even if you manage to mess up and brick there's many ways of bringing your console back. Banning isn't a big of a problem either, as there is ways of "hiding" CFW applications (homebrew, for example). It's very worth it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
CFW is very much worth it and there's almost no risk of bricking these days. Even if you do brick you can always recover your system using NTRboot to fix your system*
All version of the 3DS and all OFW can be hacked with NTRBoot, Hardmod, or DSiware. The exploits used can never be patched out unless Nintendo invests in a rather expensive update to bootrom. So you can can hack your system on 11.6 and I personally suggest going with NTRBoot using the R4i Gold+. You get both a method to hack your system, future systems, and repairs, with the bonus of having an NDS flashcart for NDS games.

*The only brick that can't be recovered from is an MCU brick, but you will literally never encounter that these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1