shasta588

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why hasn't anyone made rom loader for dsiplayer yet? this would really be nice considering I don't have a flash cart yet and really want to use the gba emulator on iplayer but want rom loading to.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
is the sdk needed? i mean... why not just a regular homebrew program
tongue.gif
... has someone tried the "commercial rom loading with moonshell" thing?

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you need the SDK.
For example, I couldn't run EZFlash firmware on an acekard. You have to specifically develop a loader.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you can make a commercial rom loader for the iplayer if you have the SDK(software development kit)it's what the iplayer team uses,they didn't make a rom loader to prevent letters from nintendo,they also didn't release the SDK to avoid the making of rom loaders from other people,yet darkchen was able to obtain the SDK in some way.he's the only one who can make the rom loader if he wishes to

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i reckon darkchen is actually a fake person, made up by supercard team (who made iPlayer) to release the GBA Emulator. That's how he "got" the SDK. I reckon the GBA Emulator was made by SuperCard, but released unofficially so Ninty couldn't get too mad. Kinda like Datel did with Max Overload for Max Media Dock.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
SifJar said:
i reckon darkchen is actually a fake person, made up by supercard team (who made iPlayer) to release the GBA Emulator. That's how he "got" the SDK. I reckon the GBA Emulator was made by SuperCard, but released unofficially so Ninty couldn't get too mad. Kinda like Datel did with Max Overload for Max Media Dock.
Wait, what? Where did you get that information from?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SifJar said:

Tht does sound like a good idea but we will never no

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eon-Rider said:
SifJar said:
It was in other threads, they wanted to keep it quiet, because of other cards having ROM functionality and stuff.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Eon-Rider said:
SifJar said:
It was in other threads, they wanted to keep it quiet, because of other cards having ROM functionality and stuff.

"other threads" isn't exactly a reliable source.

And darkchen could have just come across the SDK or be given it because the iPlayer team realized that a GBA emulator would make sales skyrocket. It's the only option for DSi owners to play GBA games, and I'm sure flashcart loving DSi owners love their old GBA games too. The video functions of it are cool, but it won't give it any edge over other carts (since most people would rather just convert to DPG videos or use another media device to watch their videos). The emulator does, and since its release there's been a lot more buzz around the iPlayer.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercard did not make the iplayer.
Seriously, just look at the two websites. iPlayer is full of engrish, and supercard is half-baked quite well.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
stab244 said:
I'm surprised the SDK hasn't leaked online yet.

Yeh if only the iplayer team (supercard team?) and dark have it then he's not guna relaese it as he now has something everyone wants and so he can use that to his advantage plus seeing as the iplayer dont want people to have it he may just be following there rules in a way and keeping it from the public.

who knows

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up