Homebrew Is a Mario64 port possible?

Ampersound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there,
i've just been wondering that now after the source code for Mario64 is publicly available, shouldn't it be possible to port it to 3ds?
Of course including any copyrighted assets would cause legal issues etc. though.
I have no idea how porting a game works at all, so if you guys would like to give your two cents that would be neat.
Something about the idea of Mario64 running natively on the system strikes my fancy.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You got both a n64 emulator for the n3ds or the ds game super mario 64. pick one play it. if not play it on a pc emulator. or just whip out the N64 console with the game.

battlecatsahead

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,
i've just been wondering that now after the source code for Mario64 is publicly available, shouldn't it be possible to port it to 3ds?
Of course including any copyrighted assets would cause legal issues etc. though.
I have no idea how porting a game works at all, so if you guys would like to give your two cents that would be neat.
Something about the idea of Mario64 running natively on the system strikes my fancy.
maybe

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Seems a bit pointless having TWO ways to play the game on 3DS already.
Maybe dream of a switch port with enhaced *everything* instead?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, perfectly possible. But it's not as simple as pressing a few buttons.

I'd love it on the 3ds because why not? probably be easier to add features, levels, or characters that way.

Ampersound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This thread isn't even off the front page yet. Do we really need another hundred posts on the subject?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/does-mario-64-being-decompiled-mean-a-3ds-port-is-possible.543435/

(In fact, there's already https://gbatemp.net/threads/super-mario-64-port.564431/ too.)
Oh i didn't see that post. It's a bit odd that the search engine didn't show those two threads when i created this one, it only showed other less relevant ones.
I guess you can close this thread then as it's redundant. Or move over the replies to the to the other thread if that's possible. *shrugs*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone