Hacking Is 7.0 out yet?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha something like that man. I just wish we had our PSP days back where you could just turn your console on and off freely. Cant always get what you want though.
If hackers didn't release such technical exploits in the first place, we'd be able to do similar things on current generation hardware.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha something like that man. I just wish we had our PSP days back where you could just turn your console on and off freely. Cant always get what you want though.
That'll likely never happen on Switch on firmwares 4.0.0+
Edit: and even on <=3.0.2 the chances of it happening are pretty low

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what you're saying is FirmwareDumper dumps the poop (firmware) from your bowels (NAND) into the toilet (SD card), whereas Choi un-dumps the poop (firmware) from the toilet (SD card) into your bowels (NAND).
its like a backup files in case u got updated by accident ?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you so much for your useful answer. I did a simple Google search before asking, and found out on the official Nintendo website that the latest version was 6.2. However, Nintendo could very well drop the update and then update the informations on its website tomorrow.
Nintendo rarely goes more than a few hours without updating their main page. So if you've Googled it and it didn't show up, then the update hasn't been released. It's worth noting the only person who said 7.0 would be released last Monday was a well-known lair and should never be trusted. Gary always lies, stop trusting him, people.

Reactions: Jellykrop

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a business view the 7.0 firmware most likely won’t be out until after the first of the physical year. This being said, I’d say either late the first or second Thursday in February

Jellykrop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, can I update using ChoiDujourNX and then remove autoRCM (that stresses me out)? I mean, after the update, can I just turn off my console then boot into SX OS normally (using vol+ and power), that should remove autoRCM, shouldn't it? Also, would fuses be burnt?

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, can I update using ChoiDujourNX and then remove autoRCM (that stresses me out)? I mean, after the update, can I just turn off my console then boot into SX OS normally (using vol+ and power), that should remove autoRCM, shouldn't it? Also, would fuses be burnt?
if you go into normal firmware you will burn fuses

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but what if I exclusively boot into CFW through the use of the SX Pro dongle? Is there any risk?
Then no fuses will be burnt, but if you boot OFW by accident only once, then the fuses will be burnt.
Also, don't update to 7.0 straight away when it releases. Wait for CFWs and SX OS to support it first.

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why would you even turn it off? It doesn’t use much battery in standby. Treat it like a phone leave it in standby.

Jellykrop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then no fuses will be burnt, but if you boot OFW by accident only once, then the fuses will be burnt.
Also, don't update to 7.0 straight away when it releases. Wait for CFWs and SX OS to support it first.
Thanks!! ^_^ I wasn't planning on updating straight to 7.0. I will update through ChoiDuJour to 6.1 ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why would you even turn it off? It doesn’t use much battery in standby. Treat it like a phone leave it in standby.
Doesn't having autoRCM mode ON drain battery quicker, even in standby?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!! ^_^ I wasn't planning on updating straight to 7.0. I will update through ChoiDuJour to 6.1 ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doesn't having autoRCM mode ON drain battery quicker, even in standby?
You can skip 6.1.0 and update straight to 6.2.0.

As for AutoRCM, there are no associated battery issues unless you accidentally boot into RCM when you're trying to power off the system. As long as you leave your Switch is sleep mode when you're not using it, you will not experience any battery issues. If you do need to power it off for whatever reason, there are ways to do so properly.

Jellykrop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, autoRCM doesn't effect battery life at all
You can skip 6.1.0 and update straight to 6.2.0.

As for AutoRCM, there are no associated battery issues unless you accidentally boot into RCM when you're trying to power off the system. As long as you leave your Switch is sleep mode when you're not using it, you will not experience any battery issues. If you do need to power it off for whatever reason, there are ways to do so properly.

That doesn't sound too dramatic then. Can't I power it off the regular way? (power button + "power off") What would happen if I were to do so?

Last edited by Jellykrop,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you boot into OFW, you'll burn fuses, which will prevent downgrading. And if you get bricked, OFW won't help much.

Umm... no. Nothing prevents downgrading since the sleep mode bug was fixed. You just can't boot OFW if you're downgraded. And you'd be an idiot if you even tried to boot OFW with a downgraded machine anyway...

Coldboot would be where you dont have to do anything for your console to have CFW. Take for instance... a PSP back in the day. Once its hacked you could just turn it off and on no problem.

In a thread about the Nintendo Switch... you jump all the way back to PSP? :wacko:
3DS, 2DS, N3DS, N2DS... all coldboot.

if you go into normal firmware you will burn fuses

Who cares? Atmosphere has warmboot and ignores fuses. Next Hekate will too. And most likely TX will follow.

Reactions: Erol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm i didnt "hear", it's a truth +1