ratykat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I've been lurking the vita scene for a while and finally taking the plunge now that there are much smaller FW limitations.
In my search for an OG vita, I have found an already hacked 3.60 unit.

Is 3.60 still relevant? Or is 3.65 the new king?

The unit doesn't come with a vita memory card but it does have an sd2vita adapter too, are there any caveats I should be aware of with this?

Main usage would be emulation, the odd vita game and some remote play if possible without being banned.

Any input?

Cheers!
raty

ratykat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3.60 has the easiest way of installing henkaku. So that's about it for 3.60.
So would updating to 3.65 be the better option? I assume I'd need to redo all the hacks but I want the thing to be a project so that's not too much of an issue unless it's going to brick it upgrading?

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll personally update to 3.65 if a plugin or something requires, but I haven't heard of such an issue yet (for what that's worth to you)
edit here's copypaste from deSSy2724, Mar 4, 2018:
Local network is possible (without internet) but in order to connect your PS Vita 3.60 (tai-henkaku/enso) and your PS4 via Remote Play your PS4 needs to be on the newest firmware version (currently 5.05) and you need to create an PSN account TO UNLOCK the Remote Play settings in your PS4 console and activate the option "Direct Connect". Its a one time process, after that you can turn of your "internet connection" on your PS4 console and you would be still be able to connect to your Vita 3.60 via Remote Play (wifi needs to be turned on on your Vita but you dont need to update your PS Vita).

The point, its not possible for you on the firmware 4.55 because you cant access/unlock the "Remote Play" settings because you are on the old/older firmware. As far as we know, 5.05 firmware is fully hackable privately (both webkit and kernel) which means there is a posibillity that the exploit would be released in the near future and if you bet on that, my advice is to update your PS4 on firmware 5.05 while its still the latest firmware and set up "Remote Play".

that copypaste is here https://gbatemp.net/threads/remote-play-ps4-4-55-and-3-60-vita.497982/

Last edited by yuyuyup,
Reactions: ratykat

ratykat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll personally update to 3.65 if a plugin or something requires, but I haven't heard of such an issue yet (for what that's worth to you)
Cool so as of yet there's nothing major support wise between the 3.60 and 3.65? can 3.60 still get online with spoofing?

EDIT- going off your copy paste it seems the vita is fine it's the ps4 if I am worried about custom firmware/exploits which I am not, so that's all gravy. Cheers!

Last edited by ratykat,

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cool so as of yet there's nothing major support wise between the 3.60 and 3.65? can 3.60 still get online with spoofing?
online multiplayer works fine, and you can download whatever with nopaystation or pkgi, but, from reddit a month ago:

PSN access, sure. However, it is (almost) not possible to retrieve content from PSN Store on 3.60. My source is the E-80558325 error that pops up when you try to download anything (firmware spoofed and all).

Several threads have discussed this issue as of late. For example this thread.

Your only hope is/was Renpdrm, but it has been confirmed by the developer (Celesteblue) that the plugin has been broken and he will no longer update the plugin. See this thread. If you read through the comments, there are a couple of things you can do to get it to work, but godspeed.

ratykat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
online multiplayer works fine, and you can download whatever with nopaystation or pkgi, but, from reddit a month ago:

PSN access, sure. However, it is (almost) not possible to retrieve content from PSN Store on 3.60. My source is the E-80558325 error that pops up when you try to download anything (firmware spoofed and all).

Several threads have discussed this issue as of late. For example

Your only hope is/was Renpdrm, but it has been confirmed by the developer (Celesteblue) that the plugin has been broken and he will no longer update the plugin. See If you read through the comments, there are a couple of things you can do to get it to work, but godspeed.

Good shout! I have some Vita software on my PSN account that would be nice to have access to. Appears that 3.65 enso is the way to go. Cheers!

Reactions: Bergot and yuyuyup

ratykat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Several threads have discussed this issue as of late. For example this thread.

Your only hope is/was Renpdrm, but it has been confirmed by the developer (Celesteblue) that the plugin has been broken and he will no longer update the plugin. See this thread. If you read through the comments, there are a couple of things you can do to get it to work, but godspeed.

I think I am going to end up answering my self here, but thinking out loud.

Can/has Sony banned anyone for using a CFW Vita on PSN? Whether thats gaming or just accessing the PSN Store? Or am I safe using my main PS Account?

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
I use my main PSN account. 3.65 is definitely king now due to full PSN access not the half working one that 3.60 gets. Access to newer games (nonpdrm ones) is definitely an advantage IF you will play those games.

ratykat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use my main PSN account. 3.65 is definitely king now due to full PSN access not the half working one that 3.60 gets. Access to newer games (nonpdrm ones) is definitely an advantage IF you will play those games.
Thanks! In the mean time I have actually tracked a 3.65 pre-hacked one down from a friend thats even cheaper. Just got account switcher installed so now its on my PSN account and can verify geometry wars has installed from the PSN Store so all working there!

This one actually worked out cheaper, has a vita memory card (8gb) and a game (not sure what it is, some blue hair anime chick?) but so far so good, all seems to be working OK! Thanks for the help so far guys!

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
question, won't it ask you to update if you try to access PSN on fw 3.65?
still on 3.60 so I can't test it myself

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The relevance of a 3.60 hacked Vita depends on each of our personal "needs".

As stated before, it is the most simple hackable firmware, and that's something most users will like.

Myself, I don't need online play (I'm not interested on dealing with bad-winners/bad-losers/trolls/cheaters and alike).

Most of the games I like are playable on 3.60 (all of them are indie games, most non-indie Vita games are pure crap).
I use my Vita mainly for emulation, so don't need to update it past 3.60 firmware.

I also have an Ensö-3.65 Vita, so I have the best of both parts, if needed (and it's really worth it), I'm able to update my Ensö-3.65 to 3.68 and (when #letmaidie gets released, dump my games to be playable on 3.60).

Reactions: Zukov

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's a toss-up between 3.60 and 3.65. I believe 3.60 can be reinstalled easily and 3.65 can't. Some newer games are playable on 3.65 that aren't on 3.60. 3.60 should have full plugin support whilst a few might still be broken on 3.65. Other than that... I dunno, it's up to you, but I don't really think there's a reason to not upgrade. Just don't bother with 3.67 and 3.68 yet because you can't install enso on them as of now.

Advanced User

Trophies
XP
Country
Considering that all games are about to become playable on 3.60, there is no reason at all to update.
I have a non-hacked Vita for playing online, and hacked consoles should not be taken online anyway. If you do and get your account banned, you absolutely deserve it.

Reactions: emuashui

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM