IronHax Save Transfer?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mbcrazed, Aug 17, 2015.

1. mbcrazed
    OP

mbcrazed GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2012
    China
    GBATemp
    Hey everyone, I can't access youtube as of now because a VPN isn't set up yet. (It sucks.) Is it possible to get someone else's save off of their SD and put it into the proper titles folders? Or are the saves signed? From what I've seen the installer for Ironhax through tubehax it's just a save that has all of the code running homebrew. So technically speaking I can use that save to over-write my old one and boot homebrew?? This is just speculation. Would appreciate some help though! Thanks Tempers!~

2. Procyon

Procyon TheRealProcyon

Dec 13, 2014
    Netherlands
    /home/procyon
    You only need to edit once the DNS as stated on smea's github site. And set it back to automatically if you wish to do so

3. TehSkull

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    If it were that easy, I don't think smealum would have us go through the trouble of setting up TubeHax to get IronHax up and running.

mbcrazed likes this.
  4. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I do believe all software and saves stored on the SD card by the 3DS are not only signed, but possibly encrypted. I'm not sure, but it would fit with Nintendo's paranoia about this stuff.

mbcrazed likes this.
  5. mbcrazed
    OP

Nov 10, 2012
    China
    GBATemp
    I can edit the DNS. I just can't load youtube in China.

marc00077 likes this.
  6. Procyon

Procyon TheRealProcyon

Dec 13, 2014
    Netherlands
    /home/procyon
    Oow that's annoying, I've read that indeed

mbcrazed likes this.
  7. dronesplitter

dronesplitter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    I used cubic ninja and the install to get ironhax set up was very smooth and simple. Now I can finally retire the cubic ninja cart from my slot :)

8. yodamerlin

yodamerlin Bok bok.

Apr 1, 2014
    But, is that required. Does China hijack DNS requests to servers, or just block connections to youtube IP addresses. If the first, then VPN, if the latter, then go ahead!

9. twicefalles

twicefalles Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2015
    Romania
    savefiler might work or NTR, but a copy from the sd card definitely not (smea would have provided sd files in that case)

mbcrazed likes this.
  10. mbcrazed
    OP

Nov 10, 2012
    China
    GBATemp
    It is indeed the first. I have yet to fine a good VPN service provider that isn't own its way to being blocked. However, I did see something interesting smea said on twitter and could I do this? Screenshot_2015-08-18-20-34-53.png

11. marc00077

marc00077 GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    Netherlands Antilles
    Catalunya
    Just found a guy that had a solution and spent like 10 minutes searching this thread. This should work for everybody in china/people whose dns are blocked by the ISP:

Last edited by marc00077, Aug 26, 2015