WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
In Turkey NDSi costs 400 USD so I am thinking of getting one from abroad.

A friend of mine currently living in China will return to Turkey for a few weeks so I'm thinking of ordering one to him.

First of all, what's the deal with the iQue? It seems Nintendo doesn't use it's usual Nintendo name/company in China but uses iQue instead. Any clue as to why?

And what's the difference between this
iQue DSi

and this

Nintendo DSi

strangely, iQue DSi wikipedia page just redirects to Nintendo DSi article, this suggests that they are same but really are they?

or in general, do you suggest that I buy a DSi from China?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Yeah, anything over €100 finds itself in the customs office
smile.gif

Risky, and some retailers doesn't ship them anyway.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, iQue is actually a company that is made up of Nintendo, and a guy and a scientist named Dr. Wei Yen. His company sells Nintendo Products, but under the name iQue. There are apparently iQue shops in China.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wikipedia says, "iQue released a Chinese DSi model, with a pre-installed version of Nintendogs, in December 2009;[19] the Nikkei Sangyo Shimbun reported that this model features improved security, in order to combat piracy.}". Improved security, as in 1.4 firmware I believe.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Searching a little bit more yielded some good information about iQue... but I now wonder one thing, can these be usable in English language or only in Chinese?

Apart from this I didn't see a great negative factor about these.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiCrazy said:
smile.gif

I find shipping to a commercial address will normally avoid any problems with customs.
Even though everything from china & hong kong gets sent as a low valued gift these days, I have never asked them to.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
They made a new company due to laws in china about outside companies selling products inside china or something. Also i know for a fact ique ds games don't work on normal ds' because normal ds' lack the extra Chinese characters in their firmware.

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
WiiCrazy said:
smile.gif

Dealextreme.com always write down the value of the parcel content a lot. Here in Sweden anything above 100 sek (~ €10) gets picked up by the customs. I've ordered sh*tloads of stuff from DX, some quite expensive stuff too, and the only time any of my parcels got picked up they claimed that it's value wasn't declared and asked for a copy of the receipt.

Perhaps ordering one from them (or some other HK webshop, guess all of them do the same thing) would be an alternative.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
kaputnik said:
WiiCrazy said:
smile.gif

Dealextreme.com always write down the value of the parcel content a lot. Here in Sweden anything above 100 sek (~ €10) gets picked up by the customs. I've ordered sh*tloads of stuff from DX, some quite expensive stuff too, and the only time any of my parcels got picked up they claimed that it's value wasn't declared and asked for a copy of the receipt.

Perhaps ordering one from them (or some other HK webshop, guess all of them do the same thing) would be an alternative.

Well our custom officers in the post center are a bit over cautious. Sometime they don't trust the receipt at all, at one time it happened to me I had bought some comics, books and cds from amazon.co.jp. Though the total cost was below the limit I had to go to post center to pick it up. In another one it was just a semi-priced carrying case for my mobile sl45 from germany, it was picked up by the customs too...

Anyway, I've changed my mind, another friend will visit Germany in a couple of weeks and I wanted her to purchase a DSi XL there. It's 177€ there, compared to the current price here (275-300€) it's still cheap
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @SylverReZ youtube to mp3 some are still good, usefull when the official music video has better audio than the music in th ecd
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wifi 7 routers are already out
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    and i'm still here on wifi 5
    all my stuff is wired anyway
    what annoys me is my server has 2.5g but i have nothing else that does
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point in 7 unless you have 5gb which no real point in it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No real point in 7 unless you have 5gb which no real point in it