OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to decide on which iPod Touch I should get. My problem is that I cannot decide on whether to purchase the 8GB, 16GB or the 32GB. I have seen the 8GB and the 16GB in retail stores but I haven't seen any 32GB iPod Touches. Basically what I am asking is: Which one should I get and why should I get it.

Any recommendations on where I can purchase a 32GB iPod Touch in a retail store? I don't want to purchase one online.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I love my 16GB 1stGen iPod Touch. It's plenty of room for me and my large music collection, a few videos (loaded only for trips, then deleted after), and a few dozen apps. I still have 2-3GB left over.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dylan said:
science said:
I have 24GB of music. Should I go for the 32, or try and slim down my library?

thats quite a bit of slimming down. are you sure you could happily get rid of that much?

Yeah, that is quite a bit. Formatted its probably only about 14GB. For $100 more, I can double my storage and have room left over for movies/apps. I think I'm gonna go with the 32GB one. Now I just need to find one!

EndlessShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It seems a lot of people are choosing 16GB but 32GB is close. Also, any recommendations for hard cases? I think I might get the Slider by Incase. Costs $35 but I've been hearing good things about it. What do you guys think?

@science: Thats why I've been thinking about the 32GB one ... $100 more and that 16GBs more. So hard to decide -.-

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Baroque Obama said:
science said:
I have 24GB of music. Should I go for the 32, or try and slim down my library?
rather than slimming down, you could just put the music your most fond of in the ipod.

Yeah, but I am used to having all my music with me. I wouldn't like to just take my favourite stuff, because I don't like to sync my iPod all the time

Tenkaichi

Trophies
Website
www.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
What's the big deal about sync-ing up your iPod? Lazy... I mean come on people - you're sitting at the damn computer every day anyway browsing forums and whatnot, right? Just plug it in and manage while you're sitting there.

I'd love an iPod Touch, but there's no real reason for me to ditch my 30GB 5th gen, it's not even filled yet. Most of the time I dump albums on the run or things that I d/l, but occasionally I trim it when I'm just sitting here. I keep my iTunes on shuffle and I delete things I don't want to hear, and I throw playlists together using genres to keep it simple.

16GB is more economical price-wise, and if you don't just dump all your music on there right away it can slim down more than you think. Maybe keep it organized instead of all over the place too, but I find that you can BEST organize it when you're loading your iPod instead of later.

MHx_scythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mentioned having 24 gigs of music, but think, do you actually listen to ALL 24 gigs all the time? if you put 13 or 14 of it on you'd probably be fine. I did that, I don't regret the 16gig one bit.

EndlessShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got the iPod Touch 2.0 32GB.
grog.gif
Got it at the Apple Store at W 14 st. NYC. It's so sexy.
bow.gif
BTW, can anyone recommend a website to download apps from? I don't have a credit card.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...