ipod touch gaming

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by floobmonsrake, Sep 18, 2009.

Sep 18, 2009

ipod touch gaming by floobmonsrake at 1:20 AM (778 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. floobmonsrake
    OP

Newcomer floobmonsrake Advanced Member

United States
    Does anyone think the ipod touch is even at the same level as a system such as the psp or ds in terms of gaming. Ive heard that some people think the ipod touch is going to rival ds. I personally dont think it will be able to compete, but whats your opinion?

sorry if i spelled alot of stuff wrong....

2. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    No. Using touch screen and motion sensors can only take you so far, you really need some sort of buttons and d-pad/stick.

Whilst I will accept that touch screen and tilt sensors do enhance games and can be used on their own (or together) to great effect a lot of games today are made for traditional controls. The best the iPhone/iPod Touch have to offer is an on screen control and sometimes they aren't that easy to use or obsure too much of the screen.

There are controllers for the iPhone (not sure about the iPod) but I can't hold a controller in both hands and the phone at the same time.

Touch screens and motion sensors are presented with traditional controls on handheld and home consoles. Even then not that many games only use touch/motion.

Granted we haven't seen much in the way of using touch screen with motion control but at the moment most developers haven't moved beyond traditional controls yet.

My main gripes with the games available for the Apple devices is that the vast major are utter rubbish and even less are of a suitable length. Whilst this is also true of any gaming device the ratios are worse on the iPhone/iPod.

3. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    hardly rivalling the ds. the ipod/iphone barely has lengthy games, though wolfenstein and oregon trail can last you a fair while. most are like flash games. but what is there, is hella fun.

4. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The funny thing about some people is how often they are wrong.

5. Gandev

Newcomer Gandev Advanced Member

Bulgaria
    I was going to ask the people here something on the subject and I saw that topic.Obviously it looks like that the ipod games are just small games with only a few lengthy games available.Recently we are seeing Gameloft releasing many of their ipod/mobile games on dsiware and some of them are even available on DS cards.Castle of magic and new miami nights game are coming soon too.However I'm really curious if they can port these two games on DS.The graphics of these games clearly even gives advantage of the Ipod gaming.Take a look at Gangstar and the upcoming NOVA.Do you think it is possible to see such kind off games on DS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-qnD4WfxkA...feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THEBf4Xrp40

6. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    mmm how about games such as zenonia, i know it's only one game, but yeah it's better than some ds game