iPod touch 8 GB or 32 GB?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by antonkan, Jun 28, 2010.

?

What do you recommend?

1. iPod touch 8 GB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. iPod touch 32 GB (the third generation version which has better performance, speed and graphics)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 28, 2010

iPod touch 8 GB or 32 GB? by antonkan at 2:57 AM (3,025 Views / 0 Likes) 34 replies

1. antonkan
    OP

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Well, the 32 GB of iPod touch (the third generation) has better performance, speed and graphics, and some games on the iPod touch is not working on 8 GB of iPod touch. I can't decide to buy which version of iPod touch should I get, so you decide to recommend the 8 GB and 32 GB of iPod touch. Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Joktan

Member Joktan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i am thinking the same thing you are...its kinda funny..lol...i can buy a 8gb next week if i want to but if i want the 32 i need to wait till the end of the month..my verdict is i am goin to wait. more space,means more games,more music,more everything.so 32..lol

3. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    You guys do know a new one is coming out this Fall, right?

Be that as it may, if you are going to do anything with videos, get the 32 gig. 8 gigs is a lot for music, but decently compressed movies are going to take up all your space if you only have a handful on the 8 gig one.

4. Gh0sti

Member Gh0sti iOS Guru

United States
    if your getting one soon, get the 3rd gen 32gb, it will be able to do all the things on iOS 4.0 and it is way faster than the 8gb because all they did was they took the 2nd gen 8gb and changed the model into an MC model which all MC models have a new baseban/bootrom put in which makes it considered a 3rd gen ipod even though it is mostly the same thing as 2nd gen 8gb,

also a jailbreak is coming soonish for iOS 4.0 on MC models so if your looking into that just get the 32gb one

5. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    iPod touch 4G will be released in September, when new iPod are announced annually.

I suggest you wait for this; you can probably snag an iPod touch 3G on clearance, or go for the 4G if its features tempt you.

6. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Three months is a long time to wait.

7. George Dawes

Member George Dawes Wanker

Trinidad and Tobago
    8gb is pretty much useless unless you rip all your music to 32kbit. (and the SQ will be so low that it is still useless).

8. ShadowNeko003

Member ShadowNeko003 ~Nyah~

United States
    I say wait until September when the new ones come out. If you can't wait, then get the 32GB one because you'll eventually run out of space if you get the 8GB if you put alot of music/movies/apps on it. I currently have a 32GB one because I knew I was going to fill up 8GB fast.

9. Michishige

Newcomer Michishige Advanced Member

Norway
    Well, I bought the 32 gb one a week ago. I'm pretty pleased with it. When I was deciding I thought 8gb sounded like plenty of space, but now that I think about it and I've actually used it, 8 gb just doesn't cut it.

10. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
  11. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

If you download LOTS of files and want them to follow you everywhere (I'm talking music and movies) you are going to most definitely want the 32GB touch AND wait until Fall. Believe me. I started off with a 4GB iPod and gradually worked my way up. I got the 16GB touch when it first came out because it was the largest. I nearly filled it right away. Then, my touch got soaked in Powerade sports drink, so it was a nice time to upgrade to the 1st gen 32GB. Shortly after I got my expensive 32GB, (it was $500 bucks at the time...) Apple came out with the 2nd gen. -_- To make matters worse, I believe that was the most expensive the iPod touch ever was and I only got about $50 off because of the recycling program they ran.

12. metamaster

Member metamaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Well, you kind of said it yourself which is better. If you want an ipod touch for the games and the other demanding apps, go with 32gb. If you want it just for music, go with an ipod nano or something, it's cheaper. Just wait until September if you REALLY want new features. (Probably an even better cpu than the 32gb and maybe even a camera)

13. al5911

Member al5911 GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong
    8GB iPT 3G actually have the same hardware as the 2G.DON'T buy this, it is slow!! Go buy 32GB. If you can wait, go for the upcoming iPT 4G ...IMHO you better wait for the iPT 4G [​IMG]

14. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
  15. Joktan

United States
    my walmart a 32 gig is 300.i am buying mine off of amazon..much cheaper..

16. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
  17. Joktan

United States
    i stand corected...but i am still goin to get it off of amazon its almost the same price.

18. tijntje_7

Member tijntje_7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    32gb has got nintendo 64 emulator, which is (for me) reason enough to get that one.
    You will have to jailbreak it though (for the n64...)
    I got the 8gb myself [​IMG]
    Though it's not bad [​IMG]
    It's great, and haven't ever experienced problems with any app at all...

19. metamaster

Member metamaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    The n64 games run pretty slowly, but its still better then on the 8gb or any second generation. (it can't be perfect, even on the ipad it lags a bit)

20. Apex

Member Apex GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    I'm pretty sure that the new generation of iPods are coming out soon, maybe you should wait a little while?