OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm needing a new internal hard drive because my last one is dead.
I have a bunch of small hard drives laying around...I was thinking if there was any way I can use my iPod as an internal hard drive (I was told that you can "convert" it into an internal hard drive - don't know how I'd do it though).

Just want to know if you computer gurus can think of a solution so I can use my old iPod's hard drive, instead of dishing out cash for a new one :/

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can use your ipod as a hard drive no problem. You can enable it by going into iTunes and checking either Enable Disk Use or Manually Manage Music & Videos on the iPod Summary page.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You can use your ipod as a hard drive no problem. You can enable it by going into iTunes and checking either Enable Disk Use or Manually Manage Music & Videos on the iPod Summary page.

I mean like physically setting it inside my computer case and hooking a jumper thing up to it so it can act as a seperate hard drive.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nope....the drive is way too small. Just get a new drive.

Just ordered an 80gb Western Digital from Newegg.
Thanks for the help anyway, dudes
smile.gif

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you really wanted to, you could merge the partitions, format it using disk manager and use it as an external hard drive. Unless it's going to be used as a primary hard drive, it would work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.