Ipod Clone for AKAIO 1.5

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by tj445, Sep 27, 2009.

Sep 27, 2009

Ipod Clone for AKAIO 1.5 by tj445 at 12:50 PM (1,990 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. tj445
    OP

Member tj445 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    After seeing as how much nicer the ipod clone is compared to moonshell, i thought i might stick with it to listen to music.

problem is that on my Multimedia SD (this one is just 4gb, the 8gb one i keep for games) card i had the official firmware 4.17 and though to update to AKAIO as seeing the performace upgrades and such.
    but i couldnt play the ipod clone on the AKAIO, i even put the plugin file that made this from the plugins folder of the official to the AKAIO one, but i still cant open them.
    i know i have moonshell, but seriously, ipod is sexier IMO while moonshell doesnt offer much graphical sexiness does it?

please refrain form answering "moonshell is the most comprehensive multimedia player for your DS" type answers, since i saw hell with these while googling.

2. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    You can get LMP as a standalone player at http://www.cecm.usp.br/~lucas/lmp-ng/ under the link Precompiled LMP-ng 2 alpha. You must keep the skin file under SD/lmp-ng/skins/default.zip. But IIRC, LMP freezes on startup if you have too many media files, so you might stick to a more stable player, such as, I hate to say this to you, Moonshell. And if Moonshell 1 has too little graphical sexiness for you, you might try Moonshell 2, which is basically M3 Sakura without M3, even by the same developer.

3. tj445
    OP

Member tj445 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Thanks that was exactly what i was looking for.

btw i recently tried downloading moonshell 2 since i thought the guys on AK website were offering the latest one >.< but they were giving out moonshell 1.
    i just cant figure where to place moonshell 2 so it works for akaio 1.5, i place all the files like copy paste directly as they were when i unzipped it would give me an error where it says "the file size is bigger then it should be, program terminating" or something like that and wont even budge. some help is needed though since i can listen to music with LMP but not video >.>

4. setya5785

Member setya5785 GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    to use moonshell2, you nly need moonshl2 folder and moonshl2.nds.
    place "moonshl2" folder on the root of your microSD, and put moonshl2.nds anywhere you want it.

5. italianmod

Newcomer italianmod Advanced Member

United States
    I took the AKAIO 1.4 ipod clone file and renamed it with .nds at the end. It works perfectly and allows you to go back to the AKAIO menu by pressing start. The official lmp-ng doesn't let you do that.

6. tones4e1

Newcomer tones4e1 Newbie

Singapore
    How you do this? I really like the ipod clone also. Need to copy which files and rename which file? Step by step please. Thanks.

7. italianmod

United States
    1) Download the AKAIO 1.4.1
    2) Unzip it to your desktop and go to the __aio folder.
    3) Open up the plugin folder and copy lmp-ng.ak2 to your microSD card.
    4) Rename it to lmp-ng.nds, or anything else as long as it ends with .nds
    5) Now go back to the __aio folder that you downloaded and copy the lmp-ng folder to your __aio folder on your microSD. This is where your skins will go.

Now you have the ipod clone which can return to the akaio menu.

8. tones4e1

Newcomer tones4e1 Newbie

Singapore
    Thank you. I like this [​IMG].

9. italianmod

United States
    no problem, enjoy