Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jran Sakarra said:
If they get MKV and AVI working good enough, then I want one.
Most my vids are MKV.
Well of course the MKV container works (even though you have to load them through the Files menu). It's the video codec that it can have issues with. h264 doesn't play very well, but codecs like XviD work fine inside MKV just as I showed in the video. Audio track switching and soft subs don't work though.

DsHacker14

Trophies
Website
www.arschacks.com
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. Ill be getting one of these since im tired of having to convert all of my video files to dpg and dsm. Not to mention how fucking huge the filesize of those are -.- Im not to worried about it not being able to play ROMs though. They did a great job!

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I'm getting one, just to be able to say that I can play lot's of mediaformats on my DS.

And I may eventually use it when going somewhere in a car/bus/train.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another opportunity this cart opens up:
Possibly a web browser for DS that isn't just faster, but may also include flash support. Its just an idea, but until we get specs of the hardware used, I don't want to make any assumptions.

soulfire

gear... secando
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
sweet it looks cool and nice

in the youtube movie you see great quality movies.

i think this will become of use if i go to vacation
tongue.gif

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
layzieyez said:
I can't wait until it is reverse engineered by a competitor and released at a vastly discounted price. Competition is good (just look at flashcart prices).
The price hasn't even been announced yet.
tongue.gif
Doesn't matter. It will get cheaper when it is coming from more than one source manufacturer regardless of the price point.

wanderone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a good idea actually, but the video still isn't smooth enough for me. It seems only marginally faster than the best
I've seen under Moonshell2. And that it can't do h.264 or even mkv is an even bigger letdown IMO.

Its a good idea to put a powerful chip into the DS to get better features (Heh...an idea stolen right from the glory days of the SNES carts' add-in chips
rolleyes.gif
) but unless these features are primarily geared toward gaming (i.e. getting better emulation support and more powerful homebrew running) its really only a gimmick.

If I wanted video in a small device I'd get a PMP (A Cowon A3 or O2, etc.). Cowons even support mkv files and subtitles (ACK!, but no h.264!) and have a Comic book reader of sorts (At least the O2 does).

I'd love to see a new flashcart (One that *does* play roms) with an even more powerful processor (If possible...how much extra juice does the DS's powersupply have to play with?) and more ram than what this one has though. As for my next gaming device, I'm just gaga over the Pandora. It has a ways to go, but it just blows everything else away so far in raw potential. It should even be able to do h.264 and flash without any problems.

I'm sticking with my DS Lite, Moonshell2 and my CyclosDS until then I think (If I don't splurge for a PMP first!).

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
until this gets a rom loader, it is pretty useless. but to be honest I never saw the point in watching movies on such a tiny screen anyway.

webjedi said:
HBK said:
Now let's hope it's cheap.

Yeah, anyone hear rumors on the price range of this item? Would be a nice add-on for giggles but not if it'll cost me an arm and a leg... which I fear it will with the onboard CPU...

well, if my memory serves correctly, it uses an onboard FPGA, which are both quite expensive and power hungry. So I wouldn't hold up much hopes for price or battery life if I were you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂