iPhone N64 Emulator

Magoo222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"A couple of movies of a great-looking iPhone Nintendo 64 emulator have been posted online, which makes us want to pull our N64's out from under the bed and dust off the old carts.

The app's called 3G4 and has been created by a 14-year-old would you believe? There are a few bugs that the child is working on removing but it looks promising from where we're sitting."

Source:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=229016

Looks promising, if it comes to anything!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Proves that the younger generation aren't all going down hill
yay.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Meh, I'm skeptical. I find hard to believe there's a genious kid programmer out there. A "look at me - i duz n64 emolaetors on iphunz" kid sounds more realistic.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
yay.gif
Only most of us. I personally have not played any emulators on the iPhone but I cannot see myself being comfortable with the controls on the screen. I know it is the only way but does anyone know what it feels like for other emulators.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Edgedancer said:
deanxxczx said:
yay.gif
Only most of us. I personally have not played any emulators on the iPhone but I cannot see myself being comfortable with the controls on the screen. I know it is the only way but does anyone know what it feels like for other emulators.

me too:.

here the video link for he lazy ones'

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Well, the current gen iPhone is actually more powerful than a PSP, isn't it?
Or am I mistaken.

Well there are different versions. The updated versions have a better GPU and more RAM. But the iPhone/iPod Touch is hardly a decent platform to emulate on besides games that have just a D-pad and 2-4 buttons... It would ruin a lot of games even if it were to run 100%... It is doubtful that it would run too many of the N64 games adequately.. Also, it limits multi-touch at 5 points so that would cause a problem on some games...

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neko said:
I think this is fake. Sorry but if it was that easy, somebody would have done it already.

QUOTE(m3rox @ Dec 8 2009, 02:22 PM) Where are the L, R, And most important, Z buttons?

These.

Megaman 4 (or 5, I forget) was terrible enough with the limited amount of buttons it had. I can't imagine playing OoT, Castlevania, or any other game on the iPhone.

Even the N64 emulator for computers lags, doesn't it? How could it possibly be better on the iPhone?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Raika said:
N64 has many buttons, even if the iPhone manages to emulate it the controls would be...
nyanya.gif
Yeah, but they were able to get a PS1 emulator on it.
Admittedly it runs REALLY slow and doesn't have the analog sticks, but just saying someone was able to do it.
Also an N46 emulator does seem like it would be complicated, but seems like a sweet idea, I really wish I had an iPhone to test it on

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
FEFL said:
Even the N64 emulator for computers lags, doesn't it? How could it possibly be better on the iPhone?
Dunno where you got that from. Project64 runs most if not all N64 games without lag and doesn't require too much processing power.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Minox_IX said:
FEFL said:
Dunno where you got that from. Project64 runs most if not all N64 games without lag and doesn't require too much processing power.
Yeah, I have been running an N64 emulator on my old as dirt computer with only minor lag.
I think if it lags that badly for your computer it might be time for an update
lecture.gif

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how a fourteen-year-old couldn't do this. Anyone with the necessary requirements can cook something up.

Anyone with the time and skill can do it. Whether or not it's great or not depends on the complexity of the programmer, I would think, relative to how much "power" could actually be emulated with what's available to work with. A twenty-year or thirty-year does not automatically make the chances of perfect emulation any higher. Likeliness from experience perhaps, but again, age does not beget experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1