• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 15,097
  • Replies 10
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi all, sorry for making a new thread about it, but searching wasn't giving any answers.

A friend just got a switch, and we were intending to hack it, but figured we'd refrain from doing so for the moment because he updated it to latest FW so he could get Blastoise in Pokken tournament (lol his favourite pokemon).

So we don't know what it originally came with.

We know that Ipatched units have been coming with 4.1.0, but since he updated, we need to know what the Serial is to find if it's a patched unit or not.

Hopefully someone knows this and can let me know.

Again, sorry for making another thread about it.

Thanks in advanced though!

Reactions: rockbmi

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Try booting it with a jig

Which has nothing to do with anything whatsoever because you can boot into RCM on ipatched switches, you just can't send a payload. Now to answer the OP's actual question, we don't know what the cut off point is. According to this thread Serials XAJ700438 - XAJ700439 are ipatched as well as XAW100857 and XAW700183.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
you mean mariko?
right now there is XAJ700438 and forward but maybe those are just normal unit that nintendo patched them in the factory, i've heard nintendo is taking back the unsold units and patch them in the factory and return them, so serial numbers won't matter anymore.

Last edited by aos10,

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you mean mariko?
right now there is not, however i've heard nintendo is taking back the unsold units and patch them in the factory and return them, so serial numbers won't matter anymore.
No, it doesn't work like that at all. Once a switch has left the factory it cannot EVER be patched. When people send their switch to Nintendo and get it back "patched" it means it's an entirely different console than the one they sent. The software can only ever be written ONCE. And, no, Mariko is not released yet that anyone is aware of. There are however ipatched switches in the wild.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
No, it doesn't work like that at all. Once a switch has left the factory it cannot EVER be patched. When people send their switch to Nintendo and get it back "patched" it means it's an entirely different console than the one they sent. The software can only ever be written ONCE. And, no, Mariko is not released yet that anyone is aware of. There are however ipatched switches in the wild.
i mean by "patched' in the factory is maybe they replace something in the board or manully reprgram the board.

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
We've got a XAJ700253
Based on that serial I would guess it's not patched, but you should probably check it and report in the thread I linked earlier, just to have a more complete database.

i mean by "patched' in the factory is maybe they replace something in the board or manully reprgram the board.
Again, they can't do this. It's a physical limitation meant to prevent tampering. Once the software has been written it cannot _EVER_ be changed. By anyone. You also cannot just "replace" the chip on the board. It has to be a whole new board.

Reactions: aos10
D

Deleted User

OP
It's not even entering RCM. Using a jig I've had 100% success with using. uh oh!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never mind the above, turns out the jig wasn't just making a connection lol.

It wasn't a patched unit :) So I'll add that to the database.

Reactions: Lacius

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's not even entering RCM. Using a jig I've had 100% success with using. uh oh!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never mind the above, turns out the jig wasn't just making a connection lol.

It wasn't a patched unit :) So I'll add that to the database.
Did you try sending a payload? That's what is being patched, not the ability to enter RCM. You don't need to boot into a CFW or anything, just see if Hekate or biskeydump will run properly. Best method would be following this but the quick and dirty of it is, if you successfully send a payload and your screen remains black, it's probably patched. I would still recommend following that tutorial though, as I could be wrong.

Last edited by Deathwing Zero, , Reason: additional info

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Based on that serial I would guess it's not patched, but you should probably check it and report in the thread I linked earlier, just to have a more complete database.

Again, they can't do this. It's a physical limitation meant to prevent tampering. Once the software has been written it cannot _EVER_ be changed. By anyone. You also cannot just "replace" the chip on the board. It has to be a whole new board.
Thanks for the conformation, i don't know where i heard about the other info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back