Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
nando said:
just like apple haters.

I'll give Apple credit when they actually release a device that doesn't sacrifice functionality for the sake of aesthetics, or overly crippled hardware that only ends up being more successful than more-capable competing products because Apple is so good at marketing to shallow, image-conscious consumers. I prefer things that actually work, as opposed to it onl being an advertising slogan.

functionality and aesthetics at least when it comes to apple products aren't exclusive of each other. take a good look at the laptops for example. the unibody serves a structural function and the fabrication method lends itself to some beautiful design detail that are also functional, like the little notch that is cut out to lift the screen open. the precision of the manufacturing along with the rigidity of the glass (the glass has a function too) allows the laptop to close more evenly keeping dust out of the computer.

aesthetics are a function or feature in on themselves and before apple, all computer manufacturers ignored that fact.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
nando said:
just like apple haters.

I'll give Apple credit when they actually release a device that doesn't sacrifice functionality for the sake of aesthetics, or overly crippled hardware that only ends up being more successful than more-capable competing products because Apple is so good at marketing to shallow, image-conscious consumers. I prefer things that actually work, as opposed to it onl being an advertising slogan.
Nintendo?
rolleyes.gif
Lol, just had to say it.

Totally agree with you there.

I just got an iPod Touch, and there aren't any great dedicated games on there. Plus, buttons for the win. This makes me realize just how much more the iPad fails.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sterl500 said:
TM2-Megatron said:
nando said:
just like apple haters.

Nintendo?
rolleyes.gif
Lol, just had to say it.

In the case of the Wii, maybe. They got by without HD and more powerful hadware this time, but I dunno if it'll work as well again. I don't mind Nintendo so much personally, though, as I mainly own their consoles for the 1st party titles; which can't be matched by their competitors.

The DS doesn't suffer from the Wii's faults, though. It's not as powerful as the PSP, but it by no means lacks major functionalities.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There shouldn't be an apostrophe in the title.
rolleyes.gif
Anyway, I'd imagine it would heat up because of the big black screen and the metal case absorbing so much heat.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thoob said:
There shouldn't be an apostrophe in the title.
rolleyes.gif
Anyway, I'd imagine it would heat up because of the big black screen and the metal case absorbing so much heat.
Well, I just copied and pasted the title... Don't blame the thief!

hp sauce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you want an ipad? Surely not because it's the first "appliance" computer good enough to make a difference? nah can't be, let's all ignore it because it's associated with smarmy wankers and has a fruity logo on the back.

Do try to disregard comments from people who obviously haven't actually USED a mac for a good week or two's work and are simply regurgitating shit they hear and read on blogs. Most people that give OSX a serious go never turn back.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gee it doesn't like the sun, how utterly surprising.... not.

Come to think of it, I don't much work well out in the hot sun either
smile.gif

Bigger screen equals bigger heat generator. Ever feel the heat from a 40" HD TV? in the winter I don't generally reeeeeally need the baseboard heater behind the TV much if the TV is on.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cupertino is actually pretty damn cold most of the time. Doesn't really compare to SoCal weather.
And yeah, this is clearly just more Apple bashing since plenty of other devices can't withstand prolonged exposure to direct sunlight either.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's right, something you hate because you heard it's bad is even worse now cause it suffers the same problem as many many other gadgets.

Try using your laptop in direct sunlight...

Warning: Mac vs PC rant ahead.

I know I'm one Mac user in a huge community of Mac haters, but seriously, a Mac is a fucking god damn shitting PC with a nice case and a different OS. Can you not wrap your shitting mind over this already? If you hate Macs, you hate PCs. The iPad is generally hated from word-of-mouth. "It's just a big iPod." No fucking shit, Sherlock. So what makes that bad? My 50" HDTV is just a big LCD. Jesus fucking Christ. Maybe people god damn want a big iPod Touch. Supply and demand, idiots. And keep in mind if Apple releases something stupid, it won't sell well, contrary to what you believe. Apple TV, anyone?

And those kids nowadays you label "hipsters" are not hipsters. They're lemmings with cash. They buy whatever the hipsters buy. And trust me, there are as many PC-fanboy (aka Mac Haters) lemmings as there are Appleboys (People who buy Apple products cause they're shiny)

And lastly, keep in mind
OVER FUCKING 90% OF THE SHITTING MARKET FUCKING SHARE IS GOD DAMN PCS RUNNING SODDING WINDOWS. THE WORLD IS NOT MADE OF "HIPSTERS." THERE ARE MORE OF YOU THAN THEM.
So holy shit guys, stop the god damn Mac hate. This post may only be read by a few of you, but I had to say something. It's a useless argument. It's prejudice. It's also excessively annoying.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is also two month old news as many stories of iPad overheating were hitting blogs as early as the release weekend.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
TM2-Megatron said:
nando said:

I'd like to know where I used the word underpowered anywhere in the post you quoted. Functionality isn't the same thing as power. However, I don't buy into your comparison of the two systems.

Wow, this is fun, pointing out EXACTLY what you said. You suggesting that the hardware is 'crippled' is the same as saying it is underpowered.

Also, you don't have to believe me about my PC/Mac comparison, but it's true.

BakuFunn said:
I know I'm one Mac user in a huge community of Mac haters, but seriously, a Mac is a fucking god damn shitting PC with a nice case and a different OS. Can you not wrap your shitting mind over this already? If you hate Macs, you hate PCs. The iPad is generally hated from word-of-mouth. "It's just a big iPod." No fucking shit, Sherlock. So what makes that bad? My 50" HDTV is just a big LCD. Jesus fucking Christ. Maybe people god damn want a big iPod Touch. Supply and demand, idiots. And keep in mind if Apple releases something stupid, it won't sell well, contrary to what you believe. Apple TV, anyone?

And those kids nowadays you label "hipsters" are not hipsters. They're lemmings with cash. They buy whatever the hipsters buy. And trust me, there are as many PC-fanboy (aka Mac Haters) lemmings as there are Appleboys (People who buy Apple products cause they're shiny)

And lastly, keep in mind
OVER FUCKING 90% OF THE SHITTING MARKET FUCKING SHARE IS GOD DAMN PCS RUNNING SODDING WINDOWS. THE WORLD IS NOT MADE OF "HIPSTERS." THERE ARE MORE OF YOU THAN THEM.
So holy shit guys, stop the god damn Mac hate. This post may only be read by a few of you, but I had to say something. It's a useless argument. It's prejudice. It's also excessively annoying.
I love you.

QUOTE(hp sauce @ May 26 2010, 11:26 PM)
Most people that give OSX a serious go never turn back.
True dat. It's a far superior OS.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
shito said:
we can cook on ipad now? another reason i won't buy a ipad.
Hi, it's Earth calling. You can cook on anything with a big screen, just use it in direct sunlight!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    or is Hunter Fox just copying Chuck Tingle?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That pussy is two faced af
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    https://www.amazon.com/Tentacles-Made-Gay-Hunter-Fox-ebook/dp/B00M0VCUPK let's be real, who isn't at least a little gay for tentacles though?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Maybe a ghost writer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never stood in line overnight or for hours, to buy anything. I can just wait and buy it later.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A phone can do more than a TV +1