Apple Ipad 4 worth getting just for gaming?

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a iPod touch 5g and I love playing games on it and was wondering would a iPad 4 be worth getting for a gaming device? Are there alot of good iPad games like there are for iphone? Or should I go with a vita/3ds/or ms surface/other? Also the jailbreak being released tomorrow doesn't hurt.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Eh, for simple gaming, an ipad is a good choice.I have an ipad, and a 3DS, and honestly, I prefer a 3DS for gaming. The ipad doesn't have as many immersive games as the 3DS.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you enjoy that games that much on your iPod 5 it might be worth it for you, but I couldn't recommend spending the money for only gaming when there's a lot more the iPad has to offer. Near all of the games on your iPod can be played on iPad, however, some may require re-purchasing... There are a few games I enjoy on my iPod 5 that would probably be better on the iPad's larger screen (Eternity Warriors 2, The Walking Dead, Mass Effect: Infiltrator, GTA: Chinatown Wars, etc...) along with Garageband and ebooks... Personally, I'm satisfied with the iPod 5 since I use it mostly for web, social networking, and jotting down/recording music ideas.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The iPad is pretty good especially if you add the plus of the huge screen. And the emulators for jailbroken ones are nice too.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tablets and iDevices and such are mainly for casual gaming, simple little quick stuff.
If you want more in-depth and immersive games, getting a dedicated handheld is much better.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I would say if you're getting it just for gaming, get the iPad Mini instead. It's cheaper, and easier to hold.
But then again, whilst I do have a lot of games on my iPad 2, I don't really use it as a gaming device. I use it as a tablet (with unlimited 3G), and gaming is just for distractions when I'm away from home. Maybe I'm spoiled by having every other gaming platform?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
If it's just for gaming then for that money you could buy a 3DS and a LOAD of brilliant games to go with it and still have money left over.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The ipad is not a gaming machine, why would you pay 600 for something just to play games and it doesn't have real games or a controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry: