Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today is my birthday, and my parents decided they wanted to buy me an iPad 2. While I would gladly take an iPad, I already have an iPod Touch and I'm not entirely sure I would use it enough to warrant them spending $500. My parents are known for buying frivolous things I don't need, and they are even insisting that they get the 64GB model. However, I think I convinced them to buy me the 16GB model. I know, what a predicament, right?

The thing is that they plan on ordering the iPad 2 online, which means I don't think it will come for at least a couple of weeks. I also go back and forth between their house and my apartment up at school, so there is no garuntee I will be at any given place when the package finally arrives wherever it was sent. I could go to the Apple store sometime this week, but I don't feel like waiting in a super long line or having it be sold out (I don't know what to expect with the iPad 2). That being the case, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to instead get a Nintendo 3DS without having to buy it myself. It's half the price of an iPad 2, and I would definitely use it more (especially if a 3DS flashcart were to come out). If I get the iPad 2 now, however, it is likely I could wait and let them buy me the Nintendo 3DS for Christmas or something instead.

My iPad 2 concerns:
  • No jailbreak yet
  • It's a lot of money.
  • I already have an iPod Touch.
  • I might not get it for a couple of weeks and I don't want it delivered when I'm not home.
  • I might have to go to the mall early and wait in line if I want to avoid the above problem.
My Nintendo 3DS concerns:
  • No games coming out soon that I care about (except OoT, which I can live without)
  • It is going to take until March 27 (at the earliest)
  • No flashcart available
  • Doubt that a flashcart ever will be available
  • What effect my Acekard 2i will have on it in the future
Any thoughts?

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Also, I know my Acekard 2i will be able to run in DS mode eventually. I was concerned that there wouldn't be a 3DS flashcard out or that it would log the fact that I used my Acekard and would eventually come back to bite me somehow.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can say with the least amount of bias I can muster to get the 3DS. Even if there aren't any games you don't see yourself liking now, you could always look for games with good reviews and then see if you like 'em.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Out of those two, get the 3DS.

Alternatively you could always use the money to buy a good laptop which will be more use thant he iPad. And yo can wait to see how things go with the 3Ds. Personally I think the launch titles are a bit flat so you may want to wait a year or so for some titles to come out.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
iPad 2 has shit OS and games

3DS is epic, is 3D, has buttons, slide padr, DS compatibiliter, awesome upcoming softwares, good gaems (you pay a premium but you get premium software unliek pay cheap for shit apps), etc.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like another poster said, get a PC laptop, you can get a monster for the price of the ipad. you could even scale back and get the PC and the 3ds. get a 400 laptop and the 3ds, that should equal the cost of the ipad.

apple sucks. i would love to have an ipod, but i would NEVER buy one.

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arnold Schwarzenegger said:
iPad 2 has shit OS and games

3DS is epic, is 3D, has buttons, slide padr, DS compatibiliter, awesome upcoming softwares, good gaems (you pay a premium but you get premium software unliek pay cheap for shit apps), etc.

What you said is pretty biased. iOS has many decent games, believe or not.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Fear Zoa said:
Nintendo based forum says 3ds....

Now we need iFish's opinion....
What? You can clearly see 3DS or even psp2 would be better than an ipad.
Oh I know...I'm playing devils advocate....

Id take a ipad 2 over a 3ds purely to sell it and buy a 3ds and a bunch of games for it....

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
ipad 2 is not a tablet, so don't let people try to tell you it is, it lacks almost ALL of the features a tablet should have [external memory like sd, micro sd, usb, it lacks any sort of output, no FU**ING FLASH, can't use many filetypes {though some apps do but most are removed}] the gaming for it is ok but nothing to get excited about, and any accessories like a physical keyboard [which is almost a necessity for a tablet] are very expensive because of the apple tax.
you can get a 3ds but you should do resurch for small laptops [not netbooks too small and very slow], or alternative tablets [asus eee pads are coming out it July which I know is way past your birthday but they seem to be worth the wait]

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I can honestly say Nintendo 3DS would be much more worth it than an iPad. You already have an iPod Touch, so there honestly isn't a point in getting something that's practically the same thing just four times bigger. If anything, buy a laptop of an equivalent price to the iPad to get much more bang for your buck.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
That's like asking us if you should get laid or get cancer. Get the 3DS and get laid.
laugh.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends...

Do you want a dedicated gaming device? Or a multimedia one that has casual games?

I kinda already convinced myself to get an iPad 2 so I'm sorta biased. XD.

Personally, if you want an iPad in the future take it now since the 3DS is WAY cheaper.

This was typed on an PS3 so sorry for any errors.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
Depends...

Do you want a dedicated gaming device? Or a multimedia one that has casual games?

Personally, if you want an iPad in the future take it now since the 3DS is WAY cheaper.

I knew you were gonna say that
rolleyes.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fear Zoa said:
iFish said:
Depends...

I knew you were gonna say that
rolleyes.gif
Well, I /AM/ an Apple fanboy.
But also a Nintendo one.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: