iPad 1st gen freezing iTunes for windows 7 upon connection

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Jao Chu, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Jao Chu
    OP

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Hello everyone. As the title states, i'm having major headaches caused yet again by apple products.

I am a hobbyist techno DJ, I have a USB-powered portable mixer along with two iPad 2's which function as virtual CDJs (the thingies with the turntables on a mixing set-up)

I can't figure out why these two iPads behave differently when connected to latest version of iTunes on my Windows 7 gaming notebook. One of the iPad's works perfectly, syncing over usb cable and WiFi is a breeze, i load up new tracks into it as playlist, hit sync and it's completed without incident.

The second iPad is a different story, however. Regardless of connection method (usb or wifi) as soon as iTunes detects the iPad, everything goes awry. I can't do anything, iTunes becomes non-responsive whether i am adding MP3s or deleting a playlist from the unit. It wreaks havoc with the app.

I rectified this by using a 3rd party non-apple application for transferring new tracks to the device, BUT the main reason I want it to work in iTunes is so i can take advantage of Wi-Fi syncing, so i can avoid dismantling my DJ equipment just to add 1 or 2 songs via USB cable.

Is there any 3rd party apps that utilize wifi syncing? I don't think there is. Does anyone know how to fix this iTunes/iPad issue? I've tried everything from factory resetting it, to playing around with various sync settings in the app. It's driving me nuts!

Thanks for reading/any future advice!