Hacking IOS249[57]rev 20

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see everyone talking about this particular IOS in order to use COD:BO, but I can't seem to find a link to get that particular wad. I just updated my Wii using ModMii and the wad it installed was IOS249[56]rev 20

Anyone have a link to IOS249 with base 57?

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I updated my Wii using ModMii, and installed all the wads it told me in order to update my IOSs, do I need to install Hermes cIOS 5.1 Installer? What does Hermes installer do anyway?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
spritefreak said:
If I updated my Wii using ModMii, and installed all the wads it told me in order to update my IOSs, do I need to install Hermes cIOS 5.1 Installer? What does Hermes installer do anyway?

Hermes ( a programmer ) has also made some Custom ios to use for backup loading and homebrew.
Currently it's at version 5.1.

It can install Cios with different bases in slots : 222, 223, 224, and homebrew cios in 202.
They are extremely stable and have high compatibilty.

If I;m informed right, it's the only way to boot games from FAT with these CIOS' in CFG loader

ON TOPIC

If you have WIFI enables on your Wii, you can run the CIOSx rev 20 installer and select wich base ios you want use for your cios.
You can also choose the slot you want to install them in ( e.g. base 57 installed in slot 249 etc. etc. ) for higher compatibility.

Only ONE cios is loaded at a time, so installing CIOS in different slots with different bases make it very flexible. ( you can choose wich slot to use when loading a game from CFG loader, this can be different for any game.)

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hielkenator - Thanks for the reply and I apologize for my limited knowledge! I have a few follow up questions...I currently use a USB loader, but have my HDD formatted as WBFS and not FAT. So my questions are:

1) Do I need to download and install Hermes 5.1 if I don't use my HDD in the FAT format?
2) Is there any advantage to having my HDD in FAT format as opposed to WBFS?
3) My understanding was that Hermes 223/224 was needed in order to play GH and Rockband...does that still hold true?
4) In ModMii, I updated my the following cIOS's cIOS202[57]-v5, cIOS223[37-38]-v4, cIOS222[38]-v5 & cIOS224[57]-v5.....is this the same as Hermes?

Thanks in advance!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
spritefreak said:
@Hielkenator - Thanks for the reply and I apologize for my limited knowledge! I have a few follow up questions...I currently use a USB loader, but have my HDD formatted as WBFS and not FAT. So my questions are:

1) Do I need to download and install Hermes 5.1 if I don't use my HDD in the FAT format?
2) Is there any advantage to having my HDD in FAT format as opposed to WBFS?
3) My understanding was that Hermes 223/224 was needed in order to play GH and Rockband...does that still hold true?
4) In ModMii, I updated my the following cIOS's cIOS202[57]-v5, cIOS223[37-38]-v4, cIOS222[38]-v5 & cIOS224[57]-v5.....is this the same as Hermes?

Thanks in advance!

#1. Not needed but still recommended. It gives you more cios to choose from in USB loader, for compatibility reasons.
#2. Yes there are, but maybe not for you. FAT makes it possible to load everything needed to load games from usb, to be placed on your usb hard drive.
Another advantage is that you don't need any Backup manager to copy games to your HD. PC and Mac can use them right away. Better for maintenance etc.etc.
You can still use your HD for other stuff like movies or homebrew. Also a Pre for Loading USB games in SNEEK.
BUT if you only want to run Wii games from HD exclusively, WBFS is fine.
#3. Yes and no. It's been replaced with Cios 223 ( ios 37 merged with ios 38 ). CIOSX rev 20 installed with ios 56 as base in any chosen slot might work to.
#4. Yes it's the same but presented as a .wad file. you need to install them using a wadmanager.

As a side note: CFG usb loader and Wiiflow can fully use ALL of the CIOS. Allthough for Wiiflow you need a different version for every cios. That's why I recommend CFG Loader.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Hielkenator - I had Hermes cIOS 222/223 rev 4 installed on my Wii prior to installing the updated IOSs listed above when I used ModMii. Your comment of "It's been replaced with Cios 223 ( ios 37 merged with ios 38 )". So does that mean that I should install Hermes 5.1 in order to get 223 with the merged IOSs?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
spritefreak said:
Im bored said:
cIOS 249 r20b

u chose the base once you run it

So does cIOSX rev20b allow you to select which IOS you want to install?

Yes you can chose wich NINTENDO ios you want to use as a base for your CUSTOM IOS. You can also chose in wich slot you want to install it in.
The slot does.nt really matter for the CIOS to work, but you need to chose one that can be selected in the USB loaders. ( 247, or 248, or 249 etc )

QUOTE(spritefreak @ Nov 28 2010, 09:26 PM)
@ Hielkenator - I had Hermes cIOS 222/223 rev 4 installed on my Wii prior to installing the updated IOSs listed above when I used ModMii. Your comment of "It's been replaced with Cios 223 ( ios 37 merged with ios 38 )". So does that mean that I should install Hermes 5.1 in order to get 223 with the merged IOSs?

Yes, but you can also use the files from modmii to. When playing a game with instruments, Set the game to load with cios ( slot ) 223. Or use a slot in wich you have installer ciosx with ios 56 as a base.

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
#3. Yes and no. It's been replaced with Cios 223 ( ios 37 merged with ios 38 ). CIOSX rev 20 installed with ios 56 as base in any chosen slot might work to.
I'm a newbie here but I can confirm that 249 rev20b with ios 56 works with RB and GH (ios 57 did not work).

thatone313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, anyone know of a wad that will allow the mic to work in the 2nd port of the wii. Im on 4.3 and use gx usbloader for my external drive. I found a wad that works with defjam rapstar but disney sing it and singstar still dont work.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bulldog7114 said:
CHANGE GAME LOAD IOS TO 222 AND SAVE TO FIND THIS CLICK ON GAME WHEN ON SPINNING DISC CLICK SETTINGS

You can say that, but it all depends an what you have installed in that slot!

It works for you and it mght work for somebody else but, It might NOT work, just as well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun