Hacking IOS / Settings for Metroid Trilogy on USB Loader GX?

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried loading this game with Wanikoko's cIOS249 and using the default dol I get as far as selecting a game and the Wii drops back to GX loader. Loading the MP2 or MP3 dols goes straight to those games (how does it know which savegame slot to select??) but MP1 doesn't load from it's own .dol
I've got GX set to block reload IOS, it's rev929. I'm using Wanikoko's 249 rev17 and I've also tried Hermes v4 on 222 with the same result.
What's the proper setup to get it working properly?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You seem to have a bad rip if MP1 doesn't load. You can't use the menu if you're loading the game from USB at all. The game uses save slot 1 on veteran difficulty when each game is loaded from it's own .dol

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fixed it. I changed from cIOSv17 based on 57 to cIOSv19 based off 37 and now all three games load, also MP1 and MP2 seem to run in 480p which was a problem reported in a few threads.

The thing I still don't really understand is how does it know which save file to use if you have more than one?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
apoptygma said:
Fixed it. I changed from cIOSv17 based on 57 to cIOSv19 based off 37 and now all three games load, also MP1 and MP2 seem to run in 480p which was a problem reported in a few threads.

The thing I still don't really understand is how does it know which save file to use if you have more than one?
It uses the first one, and it plays on veteran difficulty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up