IOS reload games...

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by raschi, Jun 17, 2009.

Jun 17, 2009

IOS reload games... by raschi at 10:09 AM (1,842 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. raschi
    OP

Newcomer raschi Member

Norway
    Hi everyone,

Can a coder please explain to me what happens when a game like Sam & Max calls an IOS reload when run from USB loader?
    Does the game do a reload on on the cIOS it is run from, or does it reload the original IOS?
    Can a cIOS be made to ignore IOS reload calls, or maybe always reload itself if such a call is made?

I am a (crappy) coder myself, but I fail to understand why this is such a huge problem.
    Is this something Waninkoko/Hermes will be able to solve eventually?

Cheers,
    raschi

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    These games look inside the tmd which IOS to loader and load that. Waninkoko's IOS Version patcher patches exactly this information, but on usb loaders it does not help if IOS249 is reloaded, because the cIOS looses all status of the usb storage device and a reinit of it would be needed. And that reinit would have to come from the ppc(the game) and not the arm(IOS). Waninkoko is working at it, if everything goes well cIOSrev14 will have a solution for this.

3. raschi
    OP

Newcomer raschi Member

Norway
    Ah, that explains it. Godspeed to Waninkoko then.

Thanks for you fast reply, and also thanks for your fixes and patches WiiPower.

4. danejade

Newcomer danejade Member

Australia
    "Ah ok, thanks for alclararmelo is that in the IRC channel of the CIOs who believe Waninkoko not long ago, aparcece "rev14 release: July (last CIOs)" Taken from the forums @ TeknoConsolas/Google translate [​IMG] [​IMG]