iOS Notifications for Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by Selim873, Nov 26, 2011.

Nov 26, 2011
  1. Selim873
    OP

Member Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

United States
    This is a REALLY nice app I found for the Android, I was looking for some nice elements to make my homescreen look nice and minimalistic (best attempt so far!), and I managed to find this! This will give you the option of using good ol' Pop-Up alert, or the iOS Banner notification. The banner works out VERY well with my interface so here are some screenshots.

I'm not lonely, I had to text myself to get these screenies as soon as I could. ;)

iOS Pop-Up Alert
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

iOS5 Banner Alert

Here are links to get you to the Lite and Full versions on the Market.
    Lite
    Full ($1.99)

Just to give a good example, I am using the Lite version of this, and I might as well give those developers the money they deserve!

If you're curious, here's what I got going on here other than the notification app.

I'm using LauncherPro Plus with a custom dock that I modified myself using Gimp, original dock was by sonnysekhon from the XDA-Developers forum.

As for the Notification Bar itself, I am using an app called StatusBar+, which is a custom notification bar that mimics the WP7 top bar. I'm using the full version, even works with non-rooted phones!

The wallpaper came with my phone, and the toggles are a big thanks to the app SwitchPro. :)

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    Looks pretty good, but there's no way i'll ever switch to popup notifications. I might check out the banner notifications.

3. Selim873
    OP

United States
    It's all personal preference, I don't like the pop-up either. I was used to it because of my iPod before I got my first smart phone, but Android instantly killed it with it's more "silent" notification system. The banner one is so much nicer either way, it shows up and stands out, but it doesn't interrupt anything either.

4. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm running the stock Android firmware that came with my phone (Epic4GTouch), and I have notifications - the small bar at the top of my screen will flash an icon relevant to the notice (like an envelope for a text message), and it'll say 1 Notification - Text Message - (Text Message Content), and then I can pull down my Notifications bar and the Notice will be there. I thought this was a feature on all Android Phones?

That's my notifications screen, and underneath the battery life, any notifications that pop up (where the time is) will be there. I thought that was something that was common across all versions of Android. Either way though, this one is very pretty. Thanks :)

5. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Windaga: Yeah, that's on all Android devices. This is an alternative, to look nicer and be more functional (not having to pull down notification drawer to see content of notification). It's not for adding functionality that is completely missing from some devices, it's just for changing the way it works a bit.

EDIT: Looks like that particular dev has a bunch of different notification apps. NotifierPro looks decent as well, similar to this one but perhaps more customizable I think.

6. Selim873
    OP

United States
    That's for all Android devices, but the app I'm using, StatusBar+, pretty much lays a new WP7 style bar over the default one. The flashy icon you mentioned doesn't show up on it. So I have no idea if I get a text, missed call, etc, as it won't let me pull the notifications down, which is odd, but I'm fine with that. So this notification app really helps me quite a bit!

7. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    That's been a native Android function practically since the beginning.

*cough*years before iOS*cough* :ninja: