Hacking IOS-downgraded 3.3v2 (Oct.23) downgrade + StarFall-question

joda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a PAL Wii upped with the Oct 23-update with cIOS installed, and then restored to a still bugged state with IOS Downgrader. I'm now thinking about trying out Starfall and do thus plan on downgrading to 3.2E with AnyRegion Changer. I do have a few questions though.[*]Will downgrading work at all from 3.3v2? All IOS:es (except maybe 51) are restored with the downgrader so I don't have any problems installing wads, running homebrew and whatever. Anyone who have tried it?[*]Will I be able to use the new Shop Channel with 3.2E? If not, would it work with the shop+IOS51-wad floating around?[*]Will I loose any installed channels/tickets or the like when using AnyRegion Changer to install 3.2E?[*]Will any currently released games choke on having 3.2 installed? For example SSBB, Mario Kart and the likes. I know that Starfall suppresses the updates on the discs, but will any games hang or something without it? Anyone running starfall, please tell ...

A

Aimen

joda said:
I have a PAL Wii upped with the Oct 23-update with cIOS installed, and then restored to a still bugged state with IOS Downgrader. I'm now thinking about trying out Starfall and do thus plan on downgrading to 3.2E with AnyRegion Changer. I do have a few questions though.[*]Will downgrading work at all from 3.3v2? All IOS:es (except maybe 51) are restored with the downgrader so I don't have any problems installing wads, running homebrew and whatever. Anyone who have tried it?[*]Will I be able to use the new Shop Channel with 3.2E? If not, would it work with the shop+IOS51-wad floating around?[*]Will I loose any installed channels/tickets or the like when using AnyRegion Changer to install 3.2E?[*]Will any currently released games choke on having 3.2 installed? For example SSBB, Mario Kart and the likes. I know that Starfall suppresses the updates on the discs, but will any games hang or something without it? Anyone running starfall, please tell ...

Tjena, såg du var svensk! Varför inte joina console.se/forum?
Men ska hjälpa dig!
1. Varför AnyRegion Changer? Ta Custom IOS Downgrader v1.2! Den är bäst!
2. Säkert ska det funka för du har ju Shop Channel uppdateringen i Wii efter 3.3Ev2! Ja, om det inte funkar så kör hacket så det funkar till 3.2E!
3. Inget försvinner om du använder Custom IOS Downgrader v1.2! Har ingen anning om AnyRegion Changer!
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl har 3.2E!

brobro

Trophies
XP
Country
Aimen said:
joda said:

Tjena, såg du var svensk! Varför inte joina console.se/forum?
Men ska hjälpa dig!
1. Varför AnyRegion Changer? Ta Custom IOS Downgrader v1.2! Den är bäst!
2. Säkert ska det funka för du har ju Shop Channel uppdateringen i Wii efter 3.3Ev2! Ja, om det inte funkar så kör hacket så det funkar till 3.2E!
3. Inget försvinner om du använder Custom IOS Downgrader v1.2! Har ingen anning om AnyRegion Changer!
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl har 3.2E!

why did you not join aswell

Jena, saw you were American! Why not join console.se / forum?
But to help you!
1. Why AnyRegion Changer? Take Custom IOS Down Degrees v1.2! It is the best!
2. Sure, it should work for you after all Shop Channel update of the Wii after 3.3Ev2! Yes, if it does not work so driving hacket so the 3.2E it works!
3. Nothing is lost if you use the Custom IOS Down Degrees v1.2! Have no anning on AnyRegion Changer!
4. Super Smash Brothers. Brawl has 3.2E!

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
I'm in the same position as joda with this. Thinking of downgrading to 3.2E but scared like a chicken who's gone round to Colonel Sanders' house for dinner....

Can someone give us something more reassuring than a babelfish translation of Aimen's Swedish post (no offence to Aimen or brobro)???

joda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I downgraded yesterday and installed Starfall.

At first i downgraded with AnyRegion Changer which almost made me poop my pants. I got some wierd -1057-or-something error in the middle, and when it was done AnyRegion Changer couldn't identify which region I had and thus warned about region discrepancy.
unsure.gif
Luckily, the Wii didn't brick and it said 3.2E after reboot. To be sure though I followed the recommendation by Aimen to use Waninkokos cIOS downgrader which worked like a charm and completed a 3.2E downgrade without any errors.

Installing Starfall induced a bit of headache though since the riddle in the disclaimer took me a while to get, but then it installed without any problems. I did realize a very interesting thing though; if applying the press Y on GC-controller to rescue mode-patch, I couldn't enter recovery mode with my SaveMii anymore. Thus I just assume that inserting the code checking for the GC-controller button replaces the SaveMii Check as can bee seen in a snippet from a post by marcan in another thread.
marcan said:
I have to try a few times in both slots to be sure though.

Anyways, I applied all patches except the GC-controller thingie (cause i like the LEDs on my SaveMii), and now all originals boot from the recovery menu even when induced by SaveMii. Everything works like a charm! I haven't had time to try any imports, but the health screen remover kicks ass and my Wii now even coldboots snappy as hell. The anti-insanity patch of removing the background music is also loved from the start.

I can just hope to get this sort of stuff from BootMii when it is done ... /meesalikes on the fly patching more than static ditto.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later