invalid signature issues on large .cia's

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LiamGore, Jan 29, 2016.

1. LiamGore
    OP

LiamGore defenceplox

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2012
    Emunand 10.4
    Sysnand 9.2 (unlinked)
    o3DS
    Running Reinand and Rxtools

Getting the invalid signature error for .cia's but not all of them. Things like homebrew and eshop titles work but the whole point that I wanted to use a cfw was to back up all my physical games. I've tried all the .cia installers possible but all have same issue or "invalid .cia"

I've tried different .cia's including ones from a certain site and I also tried making my own dump of a game using the gateway software then converting to cia but no avail.

2. Ralph1611

Ralph1611 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    i think the other dude with this problem had a bad card reader.

3. Joedude1

Joedude1 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    After you copy the cia from the PC to the SD card, wait a long time, remove the SD card and put it back in. Then try running a MD5 hash check on the file ON THE SD CARD. I had copying problems on mine a couple times.

kkkhattak likes this.
  4. LiamGore
    OP

LiamGore defenceplox

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2012
    alright. ive got a 2nd card reader hanging around somewhere. ill see if i can find it.

5. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    how much free spacce do you have on the SD card

remember you need 2x the space on the card for installs to work

So a 1.4gb cia would require about 2.8gb free on card, 1.4gb for the cia and 1.4gb for it to install without error (saying that abit extra is safer)

6. LiamGore
    OP

LiamGore defenceplox

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2012
    So I seem to have found a solution that seems wierd so I'm going to trial it more to find the cause. I transferred the files onto a lumia 950 then using a USB type c adapter to my card reader (same reader) it actually worked! I'll post here with more info once I've got time to find out what was the main cause.

Also going to add I used the same usb port to transfer to the phone as I did to the reader in the first place.