Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Emunand 10.4
Sysnand 9.2 (unlinked)
o3DS
Running Reinand and Rxtools

Getting the invalid signature error for .cia's but not all of them. Things like homebrew and eshop titles work but the whole point that I wanted to use a cfw was to back up all my physical games. I've tried all the .cia installers possible but all have same issue or "invalid .cia"

I've tried different .cia's including ones from a certain site and I also tried making my own dump of a game using the gateway software then converting to cia but no avail.

Joedude1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you copy the cia from the PC to the SD card, wait a long time, remove the SD card and put it back in. Then try running a MD5 hash check on the file ON THE SD CARD. I had copying problems on mine a couple times.

Reactions: kkkhattak

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how much free spacce do you have on the SD card

remember you need 2x the space on the card for installs to work

So a 1.4gb cia would require about 2.8gb free on card, 1.4gb for the cia and 1.4gb for it to install without error (saying that abit extra is safer)

LiamGore

defenceplox
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I seem to have found a solution that seems wierd so I'm going to trial it more to find the cause. I transferred the files onto a lumia 950 then using a USB type c adapter to my card reader (same reader) it actually worked! I'll post here with more info once I've got time to find out what was the main cause.

Also going to add I used the same usb port to transfer to the phone as I did to the reader in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM