Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone !

Huh so, what are we gonna do with that homebrew ?
Launch real 3DS games ?
Launch games from the e-shop ?
Or we don't know yet ? :)

Only homebrews, emulators (NES, SNES...) and bypass the region locking.

I hope we will be able to edit our own themes, read ebooks, that would be awesome :)

Shakuya

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only homebrews, emulators (NES, SNES...) and bypass the region locking.

I hope we will be able to edit our own themes, read ebooks, that would be awesome :)

Oh ok ! That's already a great new !
It could be awesome to play an old GBA Fire Emblem on a 3DS ^^

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, back on topic. I suggest people in the US go to their local Best Buy in the morning for a copy. It's on sale there for $7 and they aren't open that late so you're more likely to find a copy. You should still call ahead and find out if they have it though.

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
I've just bought Cubic Ninja from Amazon for £15. Whilst that may be a slightly higher amount than what other people have bought the game for, I think it's worth it considering the possibilities of homebrew on the 3DS (emulation, movie player, etc.).
I will probably resell it for a lower price to get some of the money back so that's no biggie.

Saying this, It's a shame that the exploit wasn't made using the most popular game on the system - Pokemon X/Y - but instead on a game that most of us haven't even heard of.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Editing themes could lead to bricks if Wii is any indication, hahah. Perish the thought :)
On the Wii, the themes had to edit the system menu files since it didn't support themes. On 3DS, worst case scenario, your 3DS won't boot and you'll have to delete the theme.

I've just bought Cubic Ninja from Amazon for £15. Whilst that may be a slightly higher amount than what other people have bought the game for, I think it's worth it considering the possibilities of homebrew on the 3DS (emulation, movie player, etc.).
I will probably resell it for a lower price to get some of the money back so that's no biggie.

Saying this, It's a shame that the exploit wasn't made using the most popular game on the system - Pokemon X/Y - but instead on a game that most of us haven't even heard of.
It's not like he gets to choose which game is so poorly coded that it leads to an exploit.

Reactions: dronesplitter

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States

I have went and watched a few videos of the game on Tube since it was announced and it don't look that bad, especially for like ten bucks. You cant beat it!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
I have went and watched a few videos of the game on Tube since it was announced and it don't look that bad, especially for like ten bucks. You cant beat it!

Well I feel better about the purchase, now I know that the game isn't utter crap. ;) Although even if it was, as long as I would be able to play homebrew on the 3DS I wouldn't care. :)
Keep in mind that 10USDollars is ~6.38GBPounds, so I've bought the game for nearly three times the amount that you mentioned.

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Well I feel better about the purchase, now I know that the game isn't utter crap. ;) Although even if it was, as long as I would be able to play homebrew on the 3DS I wouldn't care. :)
Keep in mind that 10USDollars is ~6.38GBPounds, so I've bought the game for nearly three times the amount that you mentioned.

The 3x bit kinda sucks, I'll give ya that for sure. You get homebrew, and a game that is worth about ten bucks though so you should be breaking about even.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
So the ROM can actually be used for example with an Gateway or Sky3DS to use the exploit, right?

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
If the game uses a save exploit, is it still playable after setting it up? I don't want to loose a game to install this.

It was confirmed that we will be able to keep the save intact. So I would assume the game would still work normally. Also, if it's anything like the Wii was we can delete the actual files that are used after the install.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

You need the game every time you want to start the homebrew launcher. So you can't really sell it.

Also the exploit was found in Cubic Ninja, he couldn't just chose any game on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs: @Xdqwerty