Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know roms currently aren't supported but what about hacked roms since they're basically homebrew can we run those using this exploit :)

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
:ohnoes:... :lol:

I really think that this has potential to be something great. I love it so far. I want to see a 3DS scene start to thrive without having to be all about OMG I WANT ROMZ PLS GOD DAMN IT.

Just wondering, but are you an actual journalist or is this GBATemp "reporting" just a thing you do? I'm mainly asking because your language here implies that the hack itself does something other than allot you to run programs that have yet to exist or have been in circulation for years now. It's usually something people who practice journalism, writing, editorialist integrity, or reporting try to avoid. Just a heads up.

maxious

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering, but are you an actual journalist or is this GBATemp "reporting" just a thing you do? I'm mainly asking because your language here implies that the hack itself does something other than allot you to run programs that have yet to exist or have been in circulation for years now. It's usually something people who practice journalism, writing, editorialist integrity, or reporting try to avoid. Just a heads up.

It's about ethics in game journalism :P

Reactions: siFippo

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm actually not qualified to be a bona fide journalist, per se. None of us are. Hell, you'd be surprised to know that I'm a chemist who's aiming to get into pharmacy school. ;) I do this to keep in touch with technology and to have a bit of fun to take a break from studies. :ninja: so please excuse me if I don't know the hundreds of conventions of a professional media journalist. :(

Reactions: c4p0

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have it narrowed down to three different games.

Dunno about the other two... The thing he said about the XL...

Yep, I'm on an XL and haven't had issues. The only thing a smaller 3DS might have a minor issue with is the practice portion. You'll see what I mean in a few days. ;D

Might've been the giveaway.

Either way, can't wait 'til the 22nd.

(Sorry, Ryuk.)

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I'm actually not qualified to be a bona fide journalist, per se. None of us are. Hell, you'd be surprised to know that I'm a chemist who's aiming to get into pharmacy school. ;) I do this to keep in touch with technology and to have a bit of fun to take a break from studies. :ninja: so please excuse me if I don't know the hundreds of conventions of a professional media journalist. :(

It's only a few conventions. You can learn them in your spare time, if you want to. The most overlooked one is the tone of writing, however. You can master that and essentially claim to be a journalist and an aspiring chemist within a week. It'd be worth it to have some decently written articles on GBATemp and not just words.

Reactions: Ryukouki

zbw2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this be made available for the new 3DS that will be released next year? Probably not, I guess?
it is alredy working on the new 3ds from japan. that dosn't mean they will block it by the time it is released in america though.

magicrat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
But how would I figure out what 3DS eshop and physical games are on the eshop in the US and JP but not anywhere else?

I don't recall anything said about the regions it was available in. Just that it was not available in all eshops......

The information given so far is quiet a bit. I had the list narrowed down to 5 a few months ago and now it is one of those 5 from my list. I think I even found out where he got the name for the exploit from :)

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only a few conventions. You can learn them in your spare time, if you want to. The most overlooked one is the tone of writing, however. You can master that and essentially claim to be a journalist and an aspiring chemist within a week. It'd be worth it to have some decently written articles on GBATemp and not just words.

I dunno if you have seen me around but I write a lot of material that's not quite news. ;)

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall anything said about the regions it was available in. Just that it was not available in all eshops......

The information given so far is quiet a bit. I had the list narrowed down to 5 a few months ago and now it is one of those 5 from my list. I think I even found out where he got the name for the exploit from :)

He said the name meant "super special secret" pwn right here.

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
I have it narrowed down to three different games.
It is dead or alive isn't it?

1386597889281s.jpg

yodamerlin

Bok bok.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Do you mean the name of the game is S--------- S---------- S-------------

yoyorast11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
probaly not. this video was just a proof of concept. we still dont know if he ever got it fully running yet

He probably did, otherwise he wouldn't be releasing it.

Hmm, not sure if I should buy a 3DS now or wait for the new one to be released.

zbw2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He probably did, otherwise he wouldn't be releasing it.

Hmm, not sure if I should buy a 3DS now or wait for the new one to be released.
if you do get one i would import an australian one that comes out the 21st so at least you can have english

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...