Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Ryukouki, Nov 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    because there is a blarg unofficial build with sound but it is in 3dsx format, so there is one reason

2. MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    there is so many comments to look for my answer.... so, if I buy GateWay, can I use CubicNinja ROM to perform Ninjhax?
    and... I think it's a good idea to donate some funds to Smea, after all, he have done what everyone wanted for our 3DS (SWEET HOMBREW, now maybe some day I can watch 3D movies in my 3DS :3) so, anyone know about this? Did Smea have some account in PayPal or something to do donations?

3. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    damn nintendo is pressuring stores not to sell the game due to the exploit? can't believe they're going that far to stop it

4. matpower

matpower A Hero of Justice

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    Pretty sure any company would do that. After all, would you want someone running unauthorized code on your hardware?

5. cdoty

cdoty GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States

It sounds like the store knew it could get more out of the game and came up with a BS excuse to get out of selling it.

6. Öhr

Öhr GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2006
    Gambia, The
    quick translation:

last sentence is absolute bullshit, along with the rest being semi-bullshit.

7. orion4874

orion4874 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Sorry if this has been asked all ready but how do you get blargSnes and 3DNES to show in the menu? It look like you have to compile 3DNES yourself but blargSnes has a .3dsx file and it still doesn't show for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

assassinz likes this.
  8. MemoryController

MemoryController Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2014
    Greece
    Thessaloníki
    Are you sure you are following the directory structure guidelines? Check if putting it as SNES.3dsx under sdmc:/3ds/ works

9. thenotoriousrod

thenotoriousrod Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    Just got my copy in today... But I have yet to install ninjahax until I have access to a computer with an SD card....

Anyway until then, I decided I'd play a couple of levels to pass the time...let's just say I can see why this game was pretty much shovelware...the gyroscope being the main way to control the character kills it. Not to mention silly storyline. I'd have made for a decent cell phone game maybe...

Out of curiosity has anyone beaten it?

10. This is going for around £30 on bids and £40-50 buy it now on eBay... Price is coming down pretty fast.

11. --=ZerO=--

--=ZerO=-- GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2006
    Gambia, The
    You can do this for a very long time now and without the need of any Hack...

Just google for 3DS Video Converter.

12. assassinz

assassinz Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!

Mar 17, 2003
    United States
    The Internet
    For blargSnes, put a folder named snes at the root of your SD card. That's where your SNES games go, unzipped. Then inside the 3ds folder at the root of your SD card you'll need to have a blargSnes folder containing blargSnes.3dsx.

I haven't tried the 3DNES emulator yet.

13. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    If anyone wants to try it out, I made compiled the homebrew launcher to be compatible with Gateway. I have no idea if it works, as I don't have one myself. The source is the same as the official one, I just used the instructions on 3dbrew to convert it.

Use at your own risk, but let me know if it works. http://filebin.ca/1i93Bj3BiIQm/gw_menu.zip

the_randomizer likes this.
  14. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    AWESOME!
    now if someone with a Gateway card could provide feedback, that would be great. XD
    I am about to order one within this week once I get paid, so until then...

15. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    You should probably download it now then if you plan to use it. If traffic continues it will get lost in the topic pretty quick.

16. ShadowOne333

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    That I just did.
    Thanks!

So in theory, with this HBL fork we should be able to run .3DSX files with Gateway?

17. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Yes. It's not a fork though, which is why I'm not required to include the source. The source is identical, I just compiled the official source and followed these instructions.

18. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    doesnt work, crashes when you try to launch any homebrew, cia version has same results
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/ninjhax-as-cia-possible.374566/page-2#post-5172912

19. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
  20. ShadowOne333

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Oh oh got it.
    So in short words it is a port... Am I right?
    Thank you so much for taking the time for doing so, if the feedback shows that 3DSX files are now able to run in Gateway, I will explode in joy! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.