Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Ryukouki

do you really think there will be less people writing smea now ?
After watching GBATemp and other Forums for several years I would say now it might become even worse ^^V
As there is "proof" now all those guys who were not interested much because they thought it was just some scam
will now write smea at least once every day and those who did before will still do so XD

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Seems likely anyone with gateway wont need to buy the game. And ill have my new 3DS XL. on the 22nd XD

EDIT:
I guess this also means there is no need to worry about limited unpatched versions of the exploit games because gateway will always be an option, so dont worry guys.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"due to the nature of the exploit, I will not be providing that information to the public at this time"

What? Does the nature of the exploit change on November 22?

Seriously, how does it make sense to say that he's going to release the exploit on some date, yet the reason he hasn't released the exploit is some reason that still should be true forever no matter what the date?

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Working with doesn't equal full disclosure. What, were you expecting a detailed look into how exploit was formed, the code used, etc.? Ryu told you what the exploit was, what it was compatible with, gave a sample of functional homebrew and that it can run in 3D, explained that other homebrew projects are in the work, that emulators are possible, that running 3DS game backups is not possible, told you how the exploit is enabled, told you that the exploit game is available digitally and physically, and even hinted that it was relatively inexpensive.

You literally got all of the information you could possibly need and benefit from except the name of the exploit game and a download link to the exploit.

That's not the issue or nearly what I was addressing. if you've been following the progress of this hack for at least a month (as most of us have) the information disclosed here is the same exact information Smealum is giving away on his Twitter. There's literally nothing new or exciting about what was posted. That coupled with the way this post is littered with glitter and no substance leads me to believe there's no real connection between smealum and Ryulouki but simply a form of contact that led Smealum to give Ryu the same information he'd been giving his followers, but in a concise an organized view. The fact that it's been 4 months and Ryu could only muster out information that was freely available (from a public platform, no less) makes me doubt his reporting abilities. In essence, you don't hold a reporter to a high regard when they report on someone's publicly available tweet as been an exclusive bit for x segment.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Activation of the Exploit
Doing so, however, requires a Nintendo 3DS title, and due to the nature of the exploit, I will not be providing that information to the public at this time. No exceptions to this rule will be made. If you try and message me about it, do not expect a reply. Once the exploit is installed, you will have the Homebrew Channel, not so unlike that of the Nintendo Wii, on your system. From here, you can power down the system, or remove the SD card while in the Homebrew Channel to install homebrew, which takes the form of .3DSX files. These homebrew are placed in a created directory on the 3DS SD card's root, and placed in a folder with that homebrew's name. The file is renamed boot.3dsx, and once you reinsert the SD card, the Homebrew Channel will acknowledge the presence of the application and you will be able to run homebrew!

First of all: Thank you for this great news! And thank smealum for his great work! I'm very excited for things that will come in the future! :lol:

I got a question about the activation of the exploit. Is it enough if I got the game on my Gateway card? Or does this not work?

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
i know this(probably) does not support running rom but theoretically does it mean Smea could easily release a cfw without the need for a flashcard if he wanted?

Reactions: Margen67

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome, and the date makes sense, I'm guessing Smealum doesn't want Nintendo to know what the exploit is before ORAS come out. Or it could be coincidence.

Is anyone interested in homebrew working on a video/media player?
I just want to watch movies in 3D, I swear.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What? Does the nature of the exploit change on November 22?

Seriously, how does it make sense to say that he's going to release the exploit on some date, yet the reason he hasn't released the exploit is some reason that still should be true forever no matter what the date?
I assume because giving that information would enable Nintendo to more easily fix it before the release, which would suck for everyone involved.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
That's a great news! Now I will import the New 3DS from New Zealand just to have some nice homebrew on it.

I also would like to know if I can install the exploit with the game on a Sky3DS flashcard?

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is great news. The 3DS is the first console I've been interested in homebrew since the Wii thanks to the 3d screen.

I guess it won't be long until the first 3D Doom homebrew port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did it all for the cookie!!!