Hacking Internetchannel is free now

Wiill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just installed the new internet channel, & then I went to anytitle deleter and I noticed I had IOS55 when I did not have it before I installed the new channel, So im adking if the new channel installs IOS55?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
someone update/mod WIISCU to include this it would save alot of time
wink.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lothlorian said:
Skizzo said:
wiiman123 said:
Links to this release aren't permitted by the forum rules.
There are numerous links to various free software programs on these forums, many posted without the express written permission of the author, and many of which were created by Americans residing in the U.S.. Why would this be treated any different? Before you answer, remember that under U.S. law, any work you create is automatically afforded copyright protection.

So, put another way, there are loads of links to 'copyrighted' material already on these forums. Why does the fact that the big N holds the copyright to this FREE work somehow make it different?

There are several Warez sites for the Wii. You can download WADs and post links till the cows come home on those sites. You should find one of them.

The Internet Channel is Ninty property Free or not. You never own software it is always leased to you and will have a Terms of Service. Windows came with your computer but you DO NOT own it. Microsoft says you can use it because you payed for use of it. You do not own it.

Same goes with all .wad files ... No .wad links are allowed here... GBAtemp rules not mine.

...What's "Windows"? I don't use this "Windows" you speak of?

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Lothlorian said:
Skizzo said:
wiiman123 said:
There are numerous links to various free software programs on these forums, many posted without the express written permission of the author, and many of which were created by Americans residing in the U.S.. Why would this be treated any different? Before you answer, remember that under U.S. law, any work you create is automatically afforded copyright protection.

So, put another way, there are loads of links to 'copyrighted' material already on these forums. Why does the fact that the big N holds the copyright to this FREE work somehow make it different?

There are several Warez sites for the Wii. You can download WADs and post links till the cows come home on those sites. You should find one of them.

The Internet Channel is Ninty property Free or not. You never own software it is always leased to you and will have a Terms of Service. Windows came with your computer but you DO NOT own it. Microsoft says you can use it because you payed for use of it. You do not own it.

Same goes with all .wad files ... No .wad links are allowed here... GBAtemp rules not mine.

...What's "Windows"? I don't use this "Windows" you speak of?
lol, why post a link to the release anyway? you're supposed to get it on the shop channel, not here.....

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lothlorian said:
Skizzo said:
wiiman123 said:

You should probably know what you're talking about before replying. I never once said I wanted the WAD, and I don't because I don't use my Wii for browsing the internet, and never have. So, I don't need to 'find' anything.

It was a question posed regarding the so-called logic of the 'forum rules'. If the forum rules state that you aren't allowed to post links to "copyrighted material", those rules are being violated constantly around here, for the reasons stated.

Microsoft has 'licensed' the use of their software, not leased it. Regardless, your explanation further supports what I said. If you NEVER own software, NEVER!, then that statement would also apply to ALL of the software that gets linked to here on a daily basis, NO? I suspect a better answer would be that distributing this particular piece of software is against the license agreement, which is probably what the forum rules should stipulate, not simply that you aren't allowed to post links to "licensed and copyrighted" software, because much of the software getting linked to around here is indeed licensed (GPL?) and copyrighted (automatic in the U.S. and probably many other countries as well). That's all I was really getting at...

And from my understanding, there are exceptions to your claim that ALL .wad files contain property belonging to Nintendo, unless those claims of 'completely legal' were false?

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
Lothlorian said:
Skizzo said:
wiiman123 said:

You should probably know what you're talking about before replying. I never once said I wanted the WAD, and I don't because I don't use my Wii for browsing the internet, and never have. So, I don't need to 'find' anything.

It was a question posed regarding the so-called logic of the 'forum rules'. If the forum rules state that you aren't allowed to post links to "copyrighted material", those rules are being violated constantly around here, for the reasons stated.

Microsoft has 'licensed' the use of their software, not leased it. Regardless, your explanation further supports what I said. If you NEVER own software, NEVER!, then that statement would also apply to ALL of the software that gets linked to here on a daily basis, NO? I suspect a better answer would be that distributing this particular piece of software is against the license agreement, which is probably what the forum rules should stipulate, not simply that you aren't allowed to post links to "licensed and copyrighted" software, because much of the software getting linked to around here is indeed licensed (GPL?) and copyrighted (automatic in the U.S. and probably many other countries as well). That's all I was really getting at...

And from my understanding, there are exceptions to your claim that ALL .wad files contain property belonging to Nintendo, unless those claims of 'completely legal' were false?

Yawn... I'm wrong... your much more intelligent than I am. All this Lease Licensee stuff is way over my head. Thank you for explaining to me in layman's terms. I can sleep better tonight knowing that you can own software. Any free item like the Nintendo Channel, Vote, Mii Channel, and now Internet Channel should be hosted on GBAtemp in .wad form. I wonder how to get in touch with the moderators on GBA? We can explain it to them. Well you can because you know more about it than me.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
Lothlorian said:
Yawn... I'm wrong... your much more intelligent than I am.
You're probably right about that!
laugh.gif

I'm rite about every everything... oh wait... I forgot... silly me..... my 4th grade education does not serve me well.
wacko.gif

Downloaded the channel from Wii Shop.. works fine. Although it is only a slight improvement from the earlier release. Still not much good for video but normal web browsing works fine.
yaynds.gif

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the Browser 'About' page, the new browser uses Flash Lite 3
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashlite/faq/

Flash Lite 3 is Flash 9 compatible, and should allow video, however most attempts to view video simply give an 'Out of Memory' error if you click the Info button in the bottom right corner. Darn shame.

So now we need tweaks for this version :-)

Screemer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the videoquality is quiet bad with the new version. the stutter like hell and have many artifacts. i am still waiting for someone to provide a small linux distribution with gnash and a browser. something like geexbox as a browser.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ozguy said:
According to the Browser 'About' page, the new browser uses Flash Lite 3
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashlite/faq/

Flash Lite 3 is Flash 9 compatible, and should allow video, however most attempts to view video simply give an 'Out of Memory' error if you click the Info button in the bottom right corner. Darn shame.

So now we need tweaks for this version :-)
Well at least we got something new but that shouldn't be a problem if hacking channels was easier because I'm pretty sure that's the reason there is no high memory mod on the wii like on the psp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/