Gaming Internet Lag

Mister Mister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, My internet has been lagging for the past three days. It makes watching videos almost impossible and whenever I run my cursor anywhere on any video it lags =\. My desktop and my sister's laptop haven't expirienced any slow downs. I've scanned my computer with AVG, Deleted some programs, no viruses, nothing seems to work. My router doesn't have a password since I was to lazy to make one when I first got it. This is the only time this has happened at all on my laptop. Any clue as of whats going on? =U

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have a wireless router with no password? That probably means your neighbors are leeching off your internet. Set-up a password immediately, if you don't know how just search it up. You won't find how to in the manual that came with your router.

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Either your ISP is really sucking, your wireless signal is terrible, or your bandwidth is being stolen.

"Spy's sappin mah bandwidth!"

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would run some kinda packet monitoring software on your network to see if the traffics being stolen .. the other way is disconnect your net connection at your pc end by going into network connections and right click disable on your connection

..if you have lights on your wireless router that usually blink a lot when your on the net .. see if they still blink at a huge rate or blink at all or are static (look at the ones marked (LAN/WLAN) If someones using your net illegally then you will see the traffic blinking the lights
smile.gif

you really need to find your manual and set the encryption on it and put an access name or password on it .. also change the default login name and password to something else as nearly all routers are set to ADMIN/ADMIN for both user NAME and PASSWORD that way once you change the access password etc they cannot be overridden
smile.gif

remember to apply and save all settings back to the router/Access Point once done
smile.gif

if its not being stolen then rescan your pc with SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY and other tools such as ADAWARE and SPYWARE TERMINATOR 2 and a little batch file called SMIT REMOVE making sure once you have gotten rid of everything to disable your system restore on all drives and then re-enable it to avoid VIRII being stuck and revived if you need a system restore
smile.gif

if these steps dont help then your ISP is prolly to blame or you have several other users in your area all on the net at the same time increasing the contention ratio (number of users connected to the same modem at their end) all dragging the bandwidth down with excessive use ... other than this they could be simply PACKET SHAPING or slowing your bandwidth to give others users a fair bit each of bandwidth
smile.gif

killer7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
1darksword.tripod.com
XP
Country
United States
I have had this same problem with vista, Turned out it was my avg scanning or checking every download or temporary file.
I think only avg internet security does that.

Anyways just uninstall avg and look for clamwin or another freeware virus scanner it worked for me
biggrin.gif

Took me awhile to notice it until I checked my task manger. Now I love Vista even more
biggrin.gif

Hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, so one the salesman told him would get him bitches
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    In my experience women like a big shift stick with lots of power.
    Something that really burns rubbers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out