Internet is wonky?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Prime, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Prime
    OP

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    Why does this keep happening to me? At random times the Light for DSL and Internet go out and I have no access to the internet. Then it comes back on and when it does the light for internet often turns red. It all starts working after about 2 minutes and it just keeps doing it on and on. I can get on the internet for about 5 minutes then bam it happens again.

Sometimes it is completely fine but just tonight it has happened so many times I have lost count.

I don't have a clue why this is happening, does anyone know why is this happening? I don't know what to blame - computer, router or my ISP.

(oh my router is a Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway WAG200G)

2. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007
    check with your ISP first if they have had any issues at their end then start checking your setup [​IMG]

3. da_head

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    yep if its not ur isp, unplug your router and hook it up directly. the thing is u should try to isolate the issue

4. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Irish ex captain

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Sounds like your router is having problems and resetting, if your ISP tells you they arent experiencing outages its probably a router issue.