Hacking Internet Browser built on open source software.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LinkReincarnate said:
Harakiri23 said:
That is just plain wrong, please do some research and learn about GPL vs LGPL - you can do what you want with LGPL code - no strings attached!
For what it's worth Nintendo thinks that they have a requirement to host the code because they are. Whether that is really the case or whether someone at Nintendo f'ed up is irrelevant.

Or they might have made some changes to the LGPL code they thought where worth sharing, and not detrimental to their interests to share. Just because there's no requirement doesn't mean some people wouldn't still feel an obligation to help where they can.

Jaden.

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Using the code provided before, just made that my 3DS crashed, well. i mean, it tries to load page but touch-screen doesn't work
ohmy.gif

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Dash_2 said:
Spoom said:
If it's anything like the Wii, it's probably a compact version of Opera. Opera is not open source, so the person above is probably right; the code is likely to open source networking components, which have been examined by thousands of developer eyes over a long period of time. Finding an exploitable weakness in them is not likely.

yeah they ditched opera...

they use the same browser as psp and ps3..

Not quite. They use the NetFront browser, but it is a much newer version using WebKit to render web pages, making it able to provide a better approximation of compliance of web standards like HTML5 and CSS3. Although the WebKit version is still somewhat disappointing on this front (particularly for JavaScript), the PS3 and PSP versions of the NetFront browser aren't even in the same league.

I doubt the browser will be easily exploitable - vendors learn a lot from their past mistakes and most browsers are sandboxed now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol