internet bandwidth question

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by TwinBlades, Jan 28, 2011.

Jan 28, 2011
  1. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    I was wondering if it takes up the monthly bandwidth or the amount of stuff you can download? i want to be able to download games and music to the psp. Will this affect my monthly download limit?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Obviously....

Which is why DD only console may work well in the US and similar countries with ace broadband provision, but elsewhere where service is more varied, monthly bandwidth limits and iffy speeds makes it a problem.

3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    If the source of the internet is your home router, then any online activity you do will count towards your monthly limit (although some ISPs don't include upload bandwith in the limit).
    If the source of your internet is the local WiFi hotspot (like in Westfield shopping center for me), then no, it won't count towards your monthly limit.
    If the source of the internet is 3G (e.g. WiFi hotspot through an Android smartphone), then it will only count towards the limit for the 3G service (in my example, it'd be my limit with T-Mobile).

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Anything you do online counts to that limit.

View a youtube video? Then the downstream bandwidth used is as much as if you had downloaded it.

Whether you're saving something as a file or not doesn't matter to the network. The limits are in how much can be sent to your computer in the first place. What your computer does with it after that is of no concern.

5. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    okay thanks guys