Worms in space. Hmm...that somehow sounds way more sci-fi than it should be. :P
Did someone say worms in space?
Worms_Reloaded_Updates.jpg

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What I want to know is, who's the jackhole that waltzed into the ISS with a virus? With regards to NASA, this should've been caught waaay before an av program on a Windows OS did, imao.
Remember the I in ISS? International. In 2008, a russian guy took an infected computer up with him. NASA had nothing to do with it. In America, you catch the virus. In Russia, virus catches YOU!!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Last I checked, a lot of government related facilities are still using Windows 95. Something about it being secured :P

One advantage of that is it being incompatible with every virus etc in circulation ;p

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Wait... they switched because Mircosoft wasn't updating an operating system that is almost a decade old...?

These are the same guys who run our communications grid right?
A lot of non-public systems run software that was made ages ago, the people who made it dropped off the planet so there's no update, but they require the software to function. So it's not uncommon to find older OSes in use when logically you'd think they'd have moved on ages ago. This is part of why Microsoft extended XP support like three times.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of non-public systems run software that was made ages ago, the people who made it dropped off the planet so there's no update, but they require the software to function. So it's not uncommon to find older OSes in use when logically you'd think they'd have moved on ages ago. This is part of why Microsoft extended XP support like three times.

But I mean, logically it makes no sense! The way it was worded it sounded like they expected XP to keep getting updates even though its 3 generations of Windows behind! I get older OSes are more stable and secure, but why...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1