I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had this idea awhile for an internal boot rom dumper, kind of like the ROM dumpers we have now but for flashcarts. The program would let you view the files on the root of the flashcart and dump them to your computer. Also for the program to support each flashcart you could use DLDI (the flashcarts would be helping people hack them and edit them).

Obviously there'd be no way to edit the internal boot rom, but if the flashcart has any sort of configuration files or any other sort of file it could be possible to edit those.

I asked on #dsidev on efnet and a couple people said it probably would be possible.

So basically I'm asking if this is possible, because once I get with learning C++ after C# this'll probably be the first thing I attempt to code.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
So basically I'm asking if this is possible, because once I get with learning C++ after C# this'll probably be the first thing I attempt to code.
Start small and work your way up. I wouldn't start out with something this complex.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Start small and work your way up. I wouldn't start out with something this complex.

I realize that, that's why I put the "attempt" in there.

EDIT: I just tried the backup tool for my M3i Zero and it says "The card of Slot-1 cannot be recognized. Please pull out once, and set it again.".

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
didnt try this on Slot-1

but i tried dump my Slot-1 Cart (via Slot-2). And it seems im able to dump the content of my flashcart.. (all of them are 16megs ROM) and the ROM is identified of somegame (in my case DSTT show a FISH TYCOON game)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Guys, that NDS Backup tool is used for dumping RETAIL GAMES, not flashcarts.
Doesn't mean it won't work... it worked perfectly fine on my R4.
Though I would have to assume that dev teams have tried to protect their info and would find ways from it to be dumped.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
Magmorph said:
DeltaBurnt said:

I realize that, that's why I put the "attempt" in there.

EDIT: I just tried the backup tool for my M3i Zero and it says "The card of Slot-1 cannot be recognized. Please pull out once, and set it again.".

Rudolph had to remove all support for M3 products in his apps. They made him do it for some reason. Anyway, if you have another card, use it to load the program, then switch it out for the M3i Zero with no SD card in. Then it might work.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rudolph blocked the M3 carts to use any of his programs because he knew that the M3 could fail in the future and didn't want to support that cart, actually the real reason is because Rudolph cracked Sakura to work on any other flashcart and M3 team sent him a law suit or something like that and he got mad and stopped letting his homebrews work on m3. His homebrew work partcially on the Acekard 2i too because of AKAIOs DLDI method. So I am forced to use his homebrews on my R4 which work.

I am sure there are cracked versions of his homebrew that will work on the M3.

And Rudolph is wrong the M3 is not a fail. I love my M3 as of today because of the auto backup save feature.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
Rudolph blocked the M3 carts to use any of his programs because he knew that the M3 could fail in the future and didn't want to support that cart, actually the real reason is because Rudolph cracked Sakura to work on any other flashcart and M3 team sent him a law suit or something like that and he got mad and stopped letting his homebrews work on m3. His homebrew work partcially on the Acekard 2i too because of AKAIOs DLDI method. So I am forced to use his homebrews on my R4 which work.

I am sure there are cracked versions of his homebrew that will work on the M3.

And Rudolph is wrong the M3 is not a fail. I love my M3 as of today because of the auto backup save feature.

hm... do you know where i could download this cracked Sakura because m3i is a failing piece of shit; it worked for a little while then just stops working and i try to use my DS Lite to flash it like the Support Team suggested and
IT BRICKED MY DS LITE!
A FULL BRICK!
I CAN'T USE IT AT ALL NOW.
I AM NEVER USING M3 PRODUCTS AGAIN(The Sakura menu is nice)OR SUGGESTING THEM TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^you tell me. i just put in a game, turned on the ds, took the game out, put in the m3, saw nothing happened, turned off the ds, tried to turn it back on and it would not turn on(yes i checked to make sure the battery was not dead)

doubleOmega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something like this happened to me before... just let it rest for about an hour and turn it on... if that won't work try checking that fuse that is known for blowing.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
^you tell me. i just put in a game, turned on the ds, took the game out, put in the m3, saw nothing happened, turned off the ds, tried to turn it back on and it would not turn on(yes i checked to make sure the battery was not dead)

I highly doubt it's bricked, even if the battery isn't dead it could be that the battery isn't giving sufficient power to the DS or that it's not put in properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: