Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi everyone!
Any recommendations for interactive storybook-type of games or children's games
just to keep my 1 yr. old in check? we're going on a 3hour plane ride soon and i'm a bit
worried he's going to act up. nothing fancy, just need to keep him preoccupied.

thanks very much...any help is appreciated.
moogle.gif

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Assuming the one year old won't puke, cry, or destroy the DS he should be more than smart enough to be interested in Professor Layton.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reaper said:
Assuming the one year old won't puke, cry, or destroy the DS he should be more than smart enough to be interested in Professor Layton.

Are you kidding me? He is 1 year old.

Ontopic: How could ever a 1 year old play a handheld if 1 years olds barely understand whats going on the TV.

EliteKill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I thought this was "Interactive Book Games" and I was going to suggest Hotel Dusk: Room 215.... I'd like to see a 1 yr old enjoy that....

Anyways, any "coloring" game.

Leon1977

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Hahaha..thanks guys..well i didn't mean that he could play them already..this is just to keep him
preoccupied when he gets bored..

yes, i think warioware and that crayola game would be good..although the 100 classic books would probably make him sleep faster
rolleyes.gif

i remember reading there was this game(?) that came out for kids where it's like a story (not Hotel Dusk hehe) and it's interactive..

anyways, i'll try and check out some game reviews when i get the chance.

will let you know how it turns out..and i do hope he doesnt puke all over my DS!!

kady2006

Trophies
XP
Country
My daughter is 3 next month, my mother bought her a pink DS for her christmas and she plays on it all the time (was pleased to get my own DS back, lol). She's even completed 4 games without any help.
There is actually a few versions of kiddie interactive books, my daughter loves them aswell.
You have Interactive Storybook DS Series 1, 2 and 3 these each have 4 different stories aswell as simple little games, colouring pages and each one has a different instrument to play.
There's I Did It Mum! Picturebook which has 8 stories, simple games and colouring pages.
Also there is Smart Girls Magical Book Club, even though it's called smart girls it's not specifically designed for girls, it is actually all 3 of the interactive storybook series rolled into one.

I personally wouldn't recommend any of the other suggestions you've been given, especially for a 1 year old, possibly at a push the crayola one but i don't think it will hold your son's attention for too long. You've got the likes of Dora and Diego (my daughter has completed the 2 Dora and 2 Diego games) but i think they are more for her age and not younger. There's Peppa Pig, it's basically simple little games like tapping the screen to lay eggs in the chicken game, same with popping bubbles and jumping in muddy puddles and loads more.

Hope these are of some help to you.

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is he even able to concentrate on progressing through the game?

I suggest put some kid friendly videos in the DS (if you have a flashcart) just to keep the baby occupied. In that case, he doesn't really need to interact with the game. Just enough to keep him shut. It'll take work, downloading and converting but it's worth it.

Sp33der

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I first tought about the lonely wolf series but maybe they are a bit to mature...

Some mario games perhaps?
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wut.