Intel Wants Wii Successor to Use Larrabee

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there have been rumblings that Nintendo's own devs want a more meaty machine to play with next and now Nintendo is a big household name again and have shaken the Gamecube/N64 "failures" (they still were profitable for them just that Sony blew them away in terms of sales), they can afford to still push the motion gameplay further but still have some good power under the hood.

To be honest I really don't see Sony & Microsoft releasing any new home consoles in the next 5 years. 360 hardware has started to become profitable and they're looking at new forms of gameplay with the NATAL. The PS3 is gaining its ground and getting cheaper to develop with each year plus both consoles have still yet to have been pushed to the edge.

To me that means that Nintendo could sneak something out slightly more powerful or as powerful and grab those disenchanted old Nintendo fanboys back, be a new console for those who want a new one to buy. Seeing it wont be that much more powerful then those other two it could still make profit via console sales.

What Nintendo has is classic franchises that people love, developers love the Wii but cant afford to make games JUST for the Wii so have to stick to PC/360/PS3 instead. If they could stick them on the Wii as well, even if they only sell as much as a 3rd of what the PS3 version sells it still earns them and publisher more than a singular Wii title.

So to sum up even a Wii that is pretty much just Motion+ controls and exactly as powerful as 360, can now have the latest shit hot HD games that the 360/PC/PS3 have PLUS have Nitendo's own games behind it, can't fail really...can it?

Probably if its released against 720/PS4 (asuming they cant be arsed to think up new names).

Blabbering shit over.
tpi.gif

LonerGoth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Well there have been rumblings that Nintendo's own devs want a more meaty machine to play with next and now Nintendo is a big household name again and have shaken the Gamecube/N64 "failures" (they still were profitable for them just that Sony blew them away in terms of sales), they can afford to still push the motion gameplay further but still have some good power under the hood.

To be honest I really don't see Sony & Microsoft releasing any new home consoles in the next 5 years. 360 hardware has started to become profitable and they're looking at new forms of gameplay with the NATAL. The PS3 is gaining its ground and getting cheaper to develop with each year plus both consoles have still yet to have been pushed to the edge.

To me that means that Nintendo could sneak something out slightly more powerful or as powerful and grab those disenchanted old Nintendo fanboys back, be a new console for those who want a new one to buy. Seeing it wont be that much more powerful then those other two it could still make profit via console sales.

What Nintendo has is classic franchises that people love, developers love the Wii but cant afford to make games JUST for the Wii so have to stick to PC/360/PS3 instead. If they could stick them on the Wii as well, even if they only sell as much as a 3rd of what the PS3 version sells it still earns them and publisher more than a singular Wii title.

So to sum up even a Wii that is pretty much just Motion+ controls and exactly as powerful as 360, can now have the latest shit hot HD games that the 360/PC/PS3 have PLUS have Nitendo's own games behind it, can't fail really...can it?

Probably if its released against 720/PS4 (asuming they cant be arsed to think up new names).

Blabbering shit over.
tpi.gif

This is my opinion or it is my opinion now.
So do I put a +1 or something... I never got that +1 thing before.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Yeah, if that was true the Wii wouldn't be outselling its competitors at or almost at a 2:1 ratio. The next Wii definitely needs better graphics, but nothing on-par with the next gen of 360/PS3.

I'm pretty sure the 50 million people bought the Wii beg to differ. Sure, a lot of these are "casual" gamers but that's what the next console war will be: fighting over casual gamers. Also, your argument is basically graphics > gameplay, a terribly flawed argument. People want to play Nintendo's legendary games if they're good, not if they're pretty.

First off, if motion controls were a "fad", then how come every company is pursuing it? Sony's having one in the works. Microsoft has Project Natal on the way. It's not a gimmick or a fad, it's a new way to game. I'm sorry if not every system is going to have the same old controller for the next 20 years. Second off, just because some jackoffs want to profit by making shitty third party games doesn't mean all third parties are bad on the Wii (although by your Wii hate and general trolling, you'd probably think so). Monster Hunter Tri, Sengoku Musou 3, Sin and Punishment 2, MadWorld, The Conduit, Call of Duty 4 and 5, need I go on?

QUOTE said:
Microsoft's attempts with motion control will be a complete failure and even more of an abysmal joke then the Wii remote which at least is practical and works.

Project Natal boasts to have better motion sensing not to mention customization. Not only will it track your movements, but you can add your own items to a game. Playing Guitar Hero but want your special guitar in there? Look no further. Playing Tony Hawk and want your skateboard? Pow! The rest of this is just trolling.

Seriously, you're just a terrible troll and a dumb fanboy. It's obvious.
Fanboy eh? Funny considering I have owned every Nintendo system since 1986 aside from the SNES and Virtual Boy, including all 3 models of the Gameboy (Phatty, Pocket and Color), GBA + GBA SP, 5 Nintendo DS handhelds (Phat, 2 Lites and a DSi), N64 with about 30 games, NES, Gamecube and a Wii. In the 20 years that I have been playing games, I have only ever owned a PS2, Sega Genesis and now an Xbox 360. I'd say if anything I am probably one of the biggest Nintendo fans around and have supported them over the years even despite their faults and lack of 3rd party support the last 3 generations. I think I have a right to criticize their methods and how they approach gaming since it seems blatantly obvious that Nintendo doesn't give a rats ass about 3rd party support from a hardware standpoint with the Wii and the 3rd party developers don't seem to give a flying shit about making a good Wii game. So we will never see a good major 3rd party title that appears on other consoles due to Nintendo refusing to produce a console that competes with current hardware. Sales of the Wii dropped off because the games are so far few in between and there aren't enough of them to give hardcore players a reason to buy one, all the soccer moms and grannies got theirs and to be honest I don't even play mine much at all since the games I want to play are either better on the 360/PS3 or are not coming out for ages.

Eh another Super Mario Galaxy game? The first was boring and was designed exactly like Super Mario 64 and Sunshine in terms of concept (run around and grab shiny things which is what kids with OCD or ADD do), so if I want to play that same style game then I will go load up SM64 off the Virtual Console instead of spending 50 bucks for a rehash. You are assuming that there will be another Zelda game on the Wii and after clearing Twilight Princess rather easily in such a short time on my first run, unless their next installment rivals Ocarina of Time, I probably won't actually buy it and usually I buy games that I do like. And Nintendo games should look good for people to want to play them, better graphics does equate to more sales, even if the Wii is outselling it's competitors by a good margin, the games won't sell worth shit if no one is interested in them so regardless of sales numbers, the majority of Wii owners won't buy a Zelda game.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hadrian said:
The N64 was far from a failure from a game standpoint. Sure, it wasn't nearly as successful as the PS1 for console sales but when it came to good quality games, the N64 was miles better in that regard as there was a lot of shit on the PS1, though it too had some good games as well. For me at least the N64 had games to keep me playing even during dry spells, something the Gamecube and Wii have not, I probably pumped about 250 hours of multiplayer time into Goldeneye with my friends over the 5 year that I had an N64 before the GC hit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD