Hardware Intel Nuc watercooled case?

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm looking at a little Intel NUC for my next PC and since the U series chip is not overclock able i thought i would see if it would be practical to try and water-cool it so i am just wondering if anyone makes a case that could fit a 120mm AIO cooler if not would be practical to 3d print a case since my school has a 3d printer, im open to any suggestions here... Thanks!!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People have watercooled them, just because they can. Full custom job though, won't find any of the shelf parts to do it. Unless it's changed recently the heatsink mounting for them is different. So off the shelf coolers won't work, would need a custom water block.

No real point anyway. By the time you add the watercooling stuff, it starts to approach itx sizes. At that point, why bother with the nuc?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you really OC a Nuc high enough to need water cooling?
It's not even worth water cooling unless your doing a really high OC.
The nuns processor cannot be overclOcked I also get that that installed cooling would be fine but my laptop has. 5500u in it and it somtimes throttles without a external fan so I don't want that to happen to mine

Last edited by Dominator211,

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh well don't they have 120 AIO setups. Maybe you could use one of those and route the tubes out the back to the rad on the top? I have seen a Rasp Pi 3 be water cooled, so no judgement from me. I would just get a nice high end fan that pushes a'lot of air with little noise and maybe a better heat sink to go with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.