Installing Windows through USB

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have successfully put windows 7 on a USB flash drive through the Microsoft tool.
What my problem is getting my windows to boot from the flash drive.
On my other computer i was able to change the boot order to run off a CD-Rom but this computer is totally different. the picture that shows the files is all the stuff that was transfer to the drive.
The other picture shows how i can change the boot order but it does not work. I need help on what i might be doing wrong or if i need to post more information.

Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 220

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have successfully put windows 7 on a USB flash drive through the Microsoft tool.
On my other computer i was able to change the boot order to run off a CD-Rom but this computer is totally different. the picture that shows the files is all the stuff that was transfer to the drive.
The other picture shows how i can change the boot order but it does not work. I need help on what i might be doing wrong or if i need to post more information.

Thanks in Advance.
Can you be more specific when you say "it does not work" regarding boot order?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
First of all, remove your text format please.

Secondly, what exactly are you having issues with? I mean, I understand you're having troubles booting to USB, but what do you mean changing the boot order doesn't work? As in, when you change Removable to 1st device it just doesn't save? Or if you change it, it just doesn't boot off the USB drive? Some USB drives require additional drivers to work (which is absolutely retarded, but whatever). If this is the case for your USB drive, it won't boot and you'll need to use another one/burn a Windows ISO to a disc.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh

Thanks in Advance.

Fixed the formatting.

Anyway, the first thing I would suggest is update your BIOS. It's likely it's outdated and the current revision doesn't have the boot from USB option. Other then that It looks like you did everything right.
Although I would suggest you slipstream your USB install to SP1 to grab a ton of updates

Also lol @ your pirated copy of windows ;O; SO OBVIOUS

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the formatting.

Anyway, the first thing I would suggest is update your BIOS. It's likely it's outdated and the current revision doesn't have the boot from USB option. Other then that It looks like you did everything right.
Although I would suggest you slipstream your USB install to SP1 to grab a ton of updates

It should support his USB drive, as the third in boot order is "removable." Also, lol.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the formatting.

It shows Removable in the picture of his BIOs, so it supports USB.

EDIT: :ninja:'d

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
It shows Removable in the picture of his BIOs, so it supports USB.

It should support his USB drive, as the third in boot order is "removable." Also, lol.

Or does it? Removable could be Removable Floppy Disk :ninja:
Plus a BIOS update generally contains compatibility fixes with USB Hubs and compatibility, etc.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or does it? Removable could be Removable Floppy Disk :ninja:
Plus a BIOS update generally contains compatibility fixes with USB Hubs and compatibility, etc.
It could also be "Removable Compact Disk." But that'd just be silly.

And yeah, he could update his bios (if it isn't already updated), but since he seems to have a problem working the bios, it seems likely that his attempt at updating could result in messed up computer. Unless it's a simple procedure, but it doesn't look like it from how old the bios looks.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Just to add, it's also possible the USB drive itself either wasn't formatted correctly to boot (shouldn't be the case with the MS tool, but I've seen it happen a few times) or doesn't support booting (rare, as it usually means it requires drivers to support built in features to work, which is plain retarded). Then there's the possibility that a pirated version of Windows is missing one or more key files to boot.

In all 3 of these cases, the system would tell you something indicating these errors when trying to boot, assuming you set Removable to first boot priority.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want...