Installing WAD's manually to SD card?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WhySoSerious70, Apr 1, 2009.

Apr 1, 2009
  1. WhySoSerious70
    OP

Member WhySoSerious70 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Installing Wiiware and VC titles to the Wii and then transferring them to the SD card takes forever. Is there anyway to extract the WAD and then put it on your SD on the PC?

2. gblock247

Member gblock247 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    K, I'm not gonna flame you personally, this is just a general statement....

Why do we want "our sh*t quick" for??? We are getting this stuff for free, what is another few minutes in transfering the VC and WiiWare games over to the SD card? Oooooh, it took up so much time that I can't play that extra level of (insert game here).

Come one people, be happy and appreciative that we have this technology and the fact that there are people out there that give up there game/free time to develop this stuff for the masses to enjoy.

An extra couple of minutes (as far as gaming goes) isn't gonna kill anyone (in real life).... [​IMG]

3. mydarxide

Newcomer mydarxide Advanced Member

United States
    I sorta have the same question. I don't care how fast it goes I'm just wondering if you have to install to NAND before copying to the SD or can you just place them in a folder on the SD (if so what dir) I also agree that 3 min isn't going to kill anybody.

4. Zendeavor

Newcomer Zendeavor Member

United States
    I'd personally like to have a PC app that could install vc/wiiware straight to SD also, and I don't even bother playing vc/wiiware games. The idea just struck me yesterday and I've been desiring it ever since, but I am not pressuring anyone for it.

quitcher cryin' boy, nothing wrong with asking a question about it.

5. jeanrmarques

Newcomer jeanrmarques Advanced Member

Brazil
    I personally think that it would be better for the NAND's health, but the time saved wouldnt hurt.

I sure hope that the next WAD Manager will have an option to install to the SD or NAND.

6. mydarxide

United States
    So I am assuming that you can't install drectly to SD yet that is all I wanted to know

7. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    AFAIK you assume correctly. No publicly available way yet.
    I'd expect to see something in the near future if it is indeed possible to do.

8. mydarxide

United States
    Thanks shtonkalot, You gave the most helpful reply of the thread. it is great that some people post to help and not just to bitch about someone's question. Thank you again.