Hacking Installing WAD Error -1035

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I am having a problem installing WAD files. The WAD I am trying to install is a channel for USB Loader GX. I am using WAD Manager 1.4 mod on system 4.1U. I am choosing IOS249 (rev 13b). Here is a log from SignCheck:

CODESignCheck 0.3 aka /dev/nintystuff build report
Wii region Usa
Wii unique device id ******* I don't know if it is OK to post this but I'm sure you don't need it

IOS number "Trucha bug" "Flash access" "Boot2 access" "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

IOS250 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
IOS249 (ver 13) Enabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
IOS61 (ver 4890) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS60 (ver 6174) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS55 (ver 5149) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS53 (ver 5149) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3610) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS37 (ver 3612) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS36 (ver 1042) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS35 (ver 3092) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS34 (ver 1039) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS33 (ver 2834) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS31 (ver 3092) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS30 (ver 1040) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS28 (ver 1288) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS22 (ver 7) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS21 (ver 514) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS20 (ver 12) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS17 (ver 512) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS15 (ver 257) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS14 (ver 7) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS13 (ver 10) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS12 (ver 7) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS11 (ver 10) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled

Does anyone know why this is happening? I have looked at http://fathertom.net/hardwii/pictures/wii_...error_codes.pdf and apparently the trucha bug is not present, but I am choosing IOS249!!!!! The only one that has it disabled is IOS60. System menu IOS. ???

Prawnmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had exactly the same problem with exactly the same wad file recently. Other wads were installing OK, just when I tried to install the new USB loader GX channel it gave ret error 1035. I tried deleting the channel using the Wii's data management but this didn't work either.
The solution was to use AnyTitleDeleter and then delete the channel "ULNR" from you Wii. Attempting to do this gave me an error and then prompted me to try a low-level delete. Hit yes, another error popped up but afterwards ULNR was removed from my system and the new wad installed ok.
Give this a go and let us know how it works.

backyardpyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prawnmatic said:
I had exactly the same problem with exactly the same wad file recently. Other wads were installing OK, just when I tried to install the new USB loader GX channel it gave ret error 1035. I tried deleting the channel using the Wii's data management but this didn't work either.
The solution was to use AnyTitleDeleter and then delete the channel "ULNR" from you Wii. Attempting to do this gave me an error and then prompted me to try a low-level delete. Hit yes, another error popped up but afterwards ULNR was removed from my system and the new wad installed ok.
Give this a go and let us know how it works.

I've been workin on this for so long now i almost couldn't remember what i was trying to do! This fixed it for me!!!

Thank you very much!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bdr9

Thanks for posting that output. I had not used signcheck yet so I didn't fully understand what it was for. I must say.. that's cool as heck!

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the wait. After successfully installing a different (wiiware) wad, I tried Prawnmatic's solution and it worked. Thanks a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...